The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Good for you, wolf. That should help with the transition too.
Always nice to already know some peeps.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

WOOT

that is good!! very nice.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

Sounds great wolf!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I'm happy for you!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I saw something extraordinarily cool on the campus today. I will try to get a picture tomorrow, but I won't be able to post it until I establish whether it represents public or protected information ... I'm guessing that it's public, as it is all over the internet. Hmmm. I wonder if anyone else has posted a picture of this thing? I'll have to check that. If I post someone else's picture that's already on the internet ...

Weekends aren't bad, incidentally. Well, usually. I really seem to be figuring out what I'm doing. The experienced staff member was actually asking ME questions about some mental health law stuff.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

cool.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
SamIam

Congrats, Wolf! Looking forward to more stories!
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

And so, the blessing having been given (Okay, actually the boss thinks I'm a nut for even asking, he just kind of deadpanned, "It's on a bench.") ...

This is why, after I got home the night I saw this, it was a totally freaky coincidence that Gia was on TV.

There is also a plaque in one of the patient units for Gia.

What I'm not clear on is how they both ended up on the same bench.

One thing that was kind of interesting ... when I was talking to some cow orkers about the bench ... if they were over 45, they knew exactly what I was talking about. Under, they said, "who?"

I even got a "who?" when I explained the circumstances of each of their deaths. One of them had never heard of the Sex Pistols. What are they teaching kids these days?
Attached Images

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Last edited by wolf; 04-17-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: pic too big
Old 04-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
One of them had never heard of the Sex Pistols. What are they teaching kids these days?
I don't know, but I certainly hope it doesn't involve sex pistols. That sounds really dangerous.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I don't know, but I certainly hope it doesn't involve sex pistols. That sounds really dangerous.
eh. Never mind the bollocks.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Ibby
erika

Huh. that's actually really cool.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Last night a female cow orker was dealing with an exceptionally drunk man.

She got a proposal of marriage.

I am really working in a different place.

I am more accustomed to patients offering that I engage in a physically impossible act of parthogenisis.

Also, the old nuthouse sent someone over last night. They have a totally new vehicle, and totally new people driving it. I didn't know either of the ambulance guys, so I just smiled, and didn't say anything. I also found out that there is someone working in my old department that just boggled my mind. I can't believe that person is in that job. Things are really different. I need to find out what's being going on over the last year.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #28
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I met the CEO today. She apparently follows the In Search of Excellence philosophy of Management by Wandering Around.

She wandered into my department, was meeting here and there with people, and made a point of seeking me out, mentioning that she'd heard about me (hoo boy, the big boss lady knows about me already?! but at least it's in a good way).

I and another new hire in my department had search training yesterday. Basically, the head of security told me how to do what I already know how to do, and then offered a bag of clothing that had stuff hidden in it. Cleverly hidden.

The upside, I did very well, found all but one teensy little thing in the clothing, but made up for it by finding something missed by the other lady, who only found about half of her hidden objects.

The downside, I'm now cleared to do searches, which, since I'm the scut-monkey, means I'm going to be doing a lot of them.

What they really need is both a female and a male search tech on each shift, but I don't know if that's going to ever happen. Won't stop me from asking the boss-dude about it, though.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #29
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
She apparently follows the In Search of Excellence philosophy of Management by Wandering Around.
I think on very rare occasions, this can be good.

Mostly, it is bad, and in general, it is a bad sign. I've known (suffered) managers who are so narcissistic they assume that whatever happens in their presence is a perfect sample of reality, and whatever happens in their absence is irrelevant.

Dicks.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
wolf
lobber of scimitars

She seemed to be doing the wandering around the right way ... not the let's catch people screwing up way that most CEOs do it. I suspect that she was particularly aware of me because the boss-man had to pitch my position to the higher ups to release the money into the budget, and he must have spoken of me in rather glowing terms to do that. But she didn't just come into the office to banter. She spent actual time talking and listening to concerns.