The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Last night I had occasion to call the old nuthouse. I needed a phone number that I was pretty sure they had, and so, I ended up talking to my old cow orker.

He is just as disgruntled as ever.

I, on the other hand, made sure to tell him that I was happy, yes, even dealing with the junkies, because they don't act like jerks like they are at the old nuthouse. And my new cow orkers are awesome, and that I get feedback from boss-dude, and I am valued for my abilities and experience. Oh, and I have a desk and a window and everything is all bright and well-ventilated.

In short, I told the absolute truth and in doing so, I rubbed it in. Hard.

He apparently tried to defend me during "the incident," pointing out to crankyboss that I hadn't done what I was accused of. He was told to speak of this no further.

I told him that while it all still hurt like hell, I'd found my peace with it, especially because of the opportunity it gave me to be with crazynuyrse nearly every single day.

And besides, I'm happy.

I didn't tell him they'd created a title and position just to bring me in to the rehab, though. I would have, but I didn't want the new cow orkers to hear me bragging.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #47
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Oh, yeah. I changed the thread title.

I'm in rehab, now. Not the asylum.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Oh, yeah. I changed the thread title.

I'm in rehab, now. Not the asylum.
one day at a time, eh?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #49
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm working the program.

I recently became a part of someone's searching and fearless moral inventory. I got an unsolicited apology for something I didn't realize was happening, but was significant to the individual.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #50
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Noted.

I have had that experience too. The such apologies are most often more for the benefit of the apologizer than the apologizee.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #51
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I got my first compliment from a family member. The other night I took a call from a lady while husband was hospitalized for psych, but had some addictions going on as well. I explained a lot to her about suicide and addictions, information her husband's treatment team hadn't been taking the time to go over, according to her report. She asked if she could speak to my supervisor about our conversation, and I told her that would be fine. When I came in today, boss-dude said, "a lady called about you, told me you were really helpful. Good work."

Yes, I am awesome.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #52
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

We always knew.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #53
Griff
still says videotape

You truly are.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #54
glatt

That's fantastic!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #55
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Nice job, wolf. Good on you for helping her and good on you for getting caught doing so.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #56
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

The first of many I'm sure.
You are very good. Nice to be at a place that acknowledges it, eh?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #57
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Almost don't know what to do!

I just told hyperguy and another cow orker tonight, "just wait until I clear my probation, then you'll find out what I'm really like."

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #58
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I survived my first night alone in admissions. And by alone I mean me and my friends myself and I. Phones were ringing, I had patients in the lobby waiting for a doc who was dealing with medical emergencies elsewhere on the campus, other hospitals wanting to send me patients with little information offered, and little experience on how the rehab does some of this stuff. I only texted the boss-dude a little bit for advice and the nicest thing ... Hyperguy called me to make sure I was doing okay.

And I'm doing it all again tomorrow.

There is a TV in the patient waiting room, to keep them entertained. One of them asked for the channel to be switched to AMC because he didn't want to watch an NCIS marathon on USA.

Total score. Watched Jeremiah Johnson, Earthquake, and Backdraft.

Backdraft is one of my top ten favorite movies. Saw it a dozen times in the theater, can't remember how many times since. Made it an especially good night, in that respect. Oh, and it happens to be St. Florian's Day. How's that for a coincidence? And to top it off, I was wearing my Baltimore Fire Dept. polo shirt. Yes, Backdraft is Chicago Fire, but it is still Fire. I didn't know about the St. Florian thing until after I got dressed.

Last edited by wolf; 05-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #59
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Congratulations Wolf. It sounds like a great place.

BTW, I also love Jeremiah Johnson. I recently saw The Mountain Men with Charleton Heston and Brian Keith for the first time and it was pretty good. Jeremiah Johnson is still one of the best pioneer movies.

Speaking of pioneers, it's great to hear that you're moving forward in your career and have found a place that appreciates you. Good luck.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #60
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Well... We'll see how much they appreciate me tomorrow. Tonight was out of control, I was alone, and I still had a pile up of patients in the lobby at shift change.