The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #121
glatt

If you find, out, let us know. I'm curious too, and don't even know the guy.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #122
wolf
lobber of scimitars

A couple of months ago I had made some comment about people who work in mental health go shit-crazy when they break under the stress.

hyperguy asked me, "What happens to us? What happens to people who work in rehab?"

"Relapse."

Were this a novel or movie, that would be called "foreshadowing."

One of the things about working in a rehab is that a lot of people working in rehabs are "graduates."

Just sayin.

There will be no official confirmation, because that is how such things work.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #123
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
"I used to work with computers and play with people. Now I do the opposite."
I totally busted up a shrink the other day by saying this. The dude never laughs, rarely reacts to anything ... but this really tickled him.

I'd been having some trouble connecting with him. I think the ice is broken. Especially because of this other thing that happened.

I was having a snack and as he came down the hallway, I held out the bag and said, "Doctor, care for a Jelly Baby?"

He stopped dead and said, "You've been watching too much old Doctor Who ..."

That is so.

Well, it turns out that we were both members of the Philadelphia Doctor Who Fan Club, the Unearthly Children.

Small world.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #124
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Well, looks like I'm not getting a desk.

I have also learned more about how the rumor mill functions. It is swift and deadly. The entire facility knows what happened. Even the pissboy knows (a gentleman from an outside contractor who comes every night to pick up the urine specimens. Of course I call him the pissboy). I have also learned that a nurse recently got shitcanned for sex with a patient, but that's pretty average stuff, well, except that it's total dude naughty nurse girl on girl action fantasy stuff. But anyway ...

So, on Thursday hyperguy starts texting me ... "I fixed it, I think I can come back." So, I got the story direct from him ... and then by the next morning, bossdude's assistant is just kind of casually saying, "yeah hyperguy is coming back, he came up with prescriptions." Okay, two days ago we were at "hyperguy does not work here anymore" and today you're telling me everything. Okey Dokey.

Hyperguy was supposed to work the weekend ... he didn't. And he didn't respond to any of the phone calls from HR, which, if he really wants his job is pretty stupid. How do I know this? It's all anybody is talking about.

So, as of Monday, he still hadn't contact anyone. He was supposed to work yesterday, which was RDO for me. I told the cow orkers to take notes, photos and videos so that I did not miss a thing.

More importantly, I want to find out where the giant vat of Teflon is stored, and how I get access to it.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #125
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Prescriptions...
I fixed it...
Hyper guy...

The Three Pillars of what?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #126
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, I'm on the phone with an insurance company, and they are asking me about a patient's medical conditions.

wolf: He's got Hypospadias.

insurancelady: What's that?

Now, I figured I would be asked so I looked it up before making my phone call.

wolf: It is a malformation of the urethra in which it emerges from a different part of his wee-wee.

insurancelady: ew. Oh, my friend's son had that. he had to have surgery to correct it.

wolf: yeah, that's the one. This dude had surgery too.

insurancelady: What else does he have?

wolf: Nystagmus.

insurance lady: what's that one?

wolf: He's cross-eyed. Actually, I could have saved time and just told you he was cock-eyed, but in two different ways.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #127
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
I was having a snack and as he came down the hallway, I held out the bag and said, "Doctor, care for a Jelly Baby?"
[snip]
He's cross-eyed. Actually, I could have saved time and just told you he was cock-eyed, but in two different ways.
I remember why I hold you in such high esteem.
Haggis.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #128
Griff
still says videotape

Well played!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #129
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

WINNAR
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #130
wolf
lobber of scimitars

OVERHEAD PAGE: Security, please call detox, security call detox. No emergency.

Now, since it's a weekend, this disturbed the security guard from his very important television watching in my empty back lobby. There was basketball on, you see. I only knew he was there because I had to get water from the lab's filtered water spigot for the Keurig bossdude bought us for Christmas.

Anyway, he came int the office and used my phone to call.

GUARD: Security ... you want what? ... that's housekeeping. I don't have no blankets ... oh, you tried them and they're gone for the day ... I see.

He hangs up and turns around and looks at me, making it clear that the entire weight of the world is on his shoulders, and he has to go looking for blankets. Apparently it was a pretty good basketball game.

WOLF: Clearly they don't want just any darn blanket, eh? Only a security blanket will do ...

I'll be here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #131
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
...but in two different ways.
Quote:
...Only a security blanket will do ...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #132
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I had a completely unsatisfying interaction with the old nuthouse last night. reallycrazychick comes in. She does this about once every month and a half. She has engaged in some minor drug use, usually weed, has been off her meds for at least a couple weeks, and lies about an assortment of things, mainly that she is suicidal. Her performance typically ends with an admission to our psych unit. Just one problem, really. No room at the inn last night.

So I had to put her somewhere. She needed a babysitter (the technical term is a one-on-one, but really it's a nut-sitter) because she had wandered off on me once and had to be returned by security.

I get everything cleared with her insurance, and called the old nuthouse. They were willing to take her but couldn't do the transport. Now, mind you, the ambulance was in station when I called, they hadn't left on their two runs yet ... and I was significantly closer than the other two runs. My deal would have taken about 20 minutes round trip, actually. Instead, I'm looking at a pick up time after midnight, knowing how the crews there do on turn-around. Not happening. I've got a staff member tied up here watching her. Not that the private transport crew ended up being much faster.

Kind of weird, though, talking to people I don't know. What I didn't know was if they knew who I was.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #133
Griff
still says videotape

That would be surreal.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #134
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think hyperguy is using drugs again. You know, the kind he came up with a prescription for and saved his job the last time. I have also heard that his mysterious disappearance right after I started was a trip to rehab. I do not know this from him. What I do know from him is that he has to piss for HR on a weekly basis.

Now, I accept that he has the ability to focus like a ... um ... telescope with a warped lens or something.

But lately, he is worse.

Also, he disappears.

There is a clear difference in his behavior before and after disappearances.

Before, jumpy. After, calm.

The other night he was on the phone with an insurance company, PUT THEM ON HOLD, mumbled something about having to get a computer from his friend in the parking lot, off he went ... came back ... empty handed.

And oh, he didn't just put it in his car or something, because he doesn't own a car.

He has been living with his dad for nearly a year, does not pay rent. Does not buy food. Has not bought a car ...

Okay, yeah. I'm making assumptions.

but they are well-thought out assumptions.

I would be perfectly happy to be wrong.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #135
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
but calm is good, right?