The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #7696
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Just as I figured: sputter spit w-w-w-w-hat? Please to provide an answer by close of business tomorrow.

I provided MY answer. Sent it to my boss with all the numbers from 3 years and two programs, for millions and millions and millions of dollars, laid out in a nice spreadsheet. Fresh and clear as a bell. THREE freaking weeks ago.

But boss didn't answer the Wigs O' Big and I once again look bad after Panic Lady reiterated the question today and again including the ones who are all "wh-wh-wh...?"

Something needs to change, but I don't know how or why.
Was it on an email? What I'd do is resend the original email, with a "You don't seem to have received my email of three weeks ago" message. To your boss, cc (or bcc if you're feeling sneaky) to everyone else that matters and a few that don't. Cover Your Ass that way. ((((hugs))))
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #7697
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I know. But numbers have changed in some areas (unclosed years) so to resend those numbers doesn't really give the big picture.

I'm updating the spreadsheet then I will reply to my boss and her boss saying something innocuous about the numbers changing since my original reply 3 weeks ago.

I'm NOT the problem here.

Thanks limey.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #7698
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
I know. But numbers have changed in some areas (unclosed years) so to resend those numbers doesn't really give the big picture.

I'm updating the spreadsheet then I will reply to my boss and her boss saying something innocuous about the numbers changing since my original reply 3 weeks ago.

I'm NOT the problem here.

Thanks limey.
Attaboy!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #7699
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh I'm &Sundae- i wish i was at a reg. Keyboard i would say more but the kindle does not lend itself to fluent thought.

I'm thinking of you both - not that they does any good!
I feel for you both - been there. Both the family thing and the job thing. Hugs.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #7700
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

IM...it seems like only yesterday you started that job and had such high hopes. I'm sorry it's all gone pear shaped. Is it time to move on?

Talking about finding your bliss and having to prostitute yourself for the job you really want. Sounds like marriage to me.

Sundae - I reckon you've had enough time to bitch and moan about this problem. Maybe it's time to get the shit off the liver and say what you need to say to the relevant people, then get on with the job of helping your niece. She's going to need your love and support a lot more than your resentment, and although it doesn't happen often, I tend to agree with monsters post above even if it does sound a bit harsh.

I hope you both come out of this smelling like roses, cause shit stinks.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #7701
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't think Sundae sounds one bit resentful. FTR, Sundae, I think
I know how you feel. Similar has happened in.my family.-)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #7702
infinite monkey

Thanks Ali.

I am really being negative, and I hate feeling this way. There are so many good things about this job. For one thing, my cow orkers are some of the best people on earth. But there's pressure from above and even the seasoned (years and years) professionals are war-weary.

I found out on the way out tonight that one of my esteemed colleagues had to stay over...not because she was behind or had been off, but because she helped out by taking someone's place today and therefore wasn't doing her "priority" role today. (I'm being as vague as possible.) But this woman...and the rest of the crew...they're incredible people and they work very hard. We only hear about the things we do wrong.

I'll be OK. Part mid-life crisis and part some sense of entitlement I guess that I should be going in to 'fun' not 'work.' Meaning, of course, that work is work and while parts of it can be great fun it's still work and fraught with obstacles. I'm just old and bloated and tired.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #7703
infinite monkey

Bri, thanks sweetie. I felt guilty about being such a noodge but your supportive words made me feel better.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #7704
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I tend to agree with monsters post above even if it does sound a bit harsh.
That wasn't harsh, honey, that was the fucking sugar-coated version.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #7705
monster
I hear them call the tide

Infi, resend the original email as per limey, then mention that some of the figures have changed and you are working on that right now to give them an even more up-to-date version.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #7706
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
GAWD I fucking hate this job.

My job shouldn't be sending me into anxiety attacks every single day,
I shouldn't want to throw up before I come in, morale shouldn't be so bad
that everyone is walking around on eggshells so as not to upset management
but knowing they won't make decent money at any similar
job, we all shouldn't be saying 'yes massa no massa" and that phrase didn't
come from me it came from Af-Am cow orkers.

There's more to life, isn't there?

Where? Where do I get the lucky I don't have to work agenda? DId I miss a memo? Did I hold my head wrong?

Seriously, I'm so tired of it.
Thats EXACTLY where I was for about 5 years at my previous job.
I gotta say things financially SUCK for me right now,
but NOT having to deal with that A-HOLE anymore is Priceless.
I eat better, I feel better. I sleep better, I don't feel sick when I wake up every Sunday
because I know in 24 hours I'll be dealing with that BS. nope not me - not anymore.
I'm still looking for that happy medium...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #7707
infinite monkey

Wow. You just described someone in my life (again, have to be so very careful with details) who lost her job...clear out of the blue. She was devastated.

But...she's happy again. She, also, doesn't get that burning sick pain in her stomach on Sunday anymore.

There has to be a happy medium, right? She's lucky in that she's not doing this by herself. You are. I am. I'm terrified of losing my job yet it almsot seems a relief. So I'd cash in my retirement and lose a bunch of it but there's enough there I could follow my bliss. For a while.

I do wish you luck, classic.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #7708
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Infi, resend the original email as per limey, then mention that some of the figures have changed and you are working on that right now to give them an even more up-to-date version.
I've almost nailed down the numbers (running reports takes time, too) but I needed to send another transmission today. I told my boss what I was working on, mentioning the old email, and let her know I'd have the numbers tomorrow when I get there (picking up car in a.m. and I'm on late shift so I don't need to be there until ten but I will probably just go in at nine.)

Tomorrow I will have the new numbers and a new email. My boss tends to stick up for me (mostly because if I were gone she'd have an even huger work load) but I doubt at the expense of 'herself.'

So I have to cover my ass, as limey said. I hate having to CMA. It seems like such a childish thing to have to do.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #7709
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thanks
I've been working PT for a friend (temporary situation) for less than what unemployment pays.
He is paying me more than the going rate because I have previous experience in his industry.
I can't afford to pay my bills this way either.
I'm doing manual labor. Not exactly what I thought I'd be doing with my life right now,
but at least I'm doing something. He's happy because I'm actually good at it.
Its nice to get up and work and be appreciated by not only my boss, but also the clients. That feels good.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #7710
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That wasn't harsh, honey, that was the fucking sugar-coated version.
Well, I think you can say things that people need to hear without making them feel worse about themselves.

If that was sugar coated, I doubt anyone would benefit from your alternative version.

Tags
swiss