The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #5671
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Holey shyte. Those badgers are amazing in an irritating way. Never seen anything like that before.
Yeah, even Shaft ain't got nothing on a badger.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #5672
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Two more mice last night bringing the total to 5
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #5673
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Shone a torch out of the conservatory window about ten minutes ago (just before 10pm) to see that the lawn had been ripped to shreds AGAIN.

Further inspection pencilled in for first light tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #5674
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Got a call today from a company that I did an online application for as part of my unemployment requirements. The place is an hour away and they called to tell me that they wanted to talk with me about a PT position in manufacturing, i.e. machine operator. The pay is less than $10/hr. Barely worth the gas money. I was caught off guard and said Yes to a 9:00am meeting tomorrow. I already realize I won't take the job - I can't afford to.

Not sure if I want to drive all the way there to give them the news in person, is it worth it considering there may be a job in another part of the company that pays more and uses my skills? This job is relatively speaking, unskilled labor but ti requires certain perceptive abilities relating to color.

I am tempted to call in the morning and tell them, politely, to look for someone else who can work for >$10/hr.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #5675
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

You should go on the interview - mostly because of the unemployment requirements, but also to see what else is going on with the company.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #5676
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Yeah, they have a ton of other openings and they have dozens of locations throghout the US and world. They are big. I just re-read the job description and it is 2 twelve hour shifts per week.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #5677
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
You should go on the interview - mostly because of the unemployment requirements, but also to see what else is going on with the company.
I took an interview today just to see what folks are up to in my extended field. It was interesting.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #5678
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

What's mildly irritating you today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
This as good a place as any, I guess, cuz, I am mildly irritated...

I got mail this morning. I very, very rarely receive mail (oh, I get stuff addressed to 'occupant', and 'or current resident', but never real mail).

It was from AARP.

I'm 46, ya AARPy fukkers!

I grabbed my Sharpie, and set to work. And then put their now-unpleasantly-revised form in their post-paid envelope, and promptly sent it back.

i get those letters too. Don't take it personally...lol.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #5679
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
I am tempted to call in the morning and tell them, politely, to look for someone else who can work for >$10/hr.
No no, certainly after they meet you they'll be scrambling to find an office (with a door) worthy of your talents.

Helps to keep interview skills polished too.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #5680
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My current interaction with nature is pretty one-sided, but a lot less damaging than Carruther's badger-frolics.
Current visitors to my window...

(ETA sorry about the size. Can't seem to get it right on the computes they have at this training centre.)
Attached Images

Last edited by limey; 10-30-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Resized pictures per request from Sundae :)
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #5681
glatt

Wow! Look at squirrel nutkin coming in your window!

I'd be alarmed, but then, I think nature is great when it stays outside.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #5682
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

That's a great picture of the Jay. I haven't seen one as close as that for some time.

I do sometimes see a flash of colour accompanied by a raucous call when one flies to the nearest Oak when I'm walking across the fields, but that's about it.

Last edited by Carruthers; 10-30-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #5683
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Great pics, Sundae!

Hope things are going well.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #5684
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I posted this article about default parents on facebook yesterday with my quote:

Quote:
Yes, read this. I am definitely the default parent in our household. I hope my husband bothers reading this. Especially this part.
"What's troubling is there seems to be no meaningful escape for the default parent. They don't get a break unless they physically remove themselves completely from their families... and throw their phones in a lake. Even when they do get a weekend away, they leave a detailed spreadsheet of daily activities organized by event time with notes. They arrange carpools and playdates, and leave a wrapped present for the birthday party. The non-default parent? They just leave. Incredibly, they just kiss us goodbye, and leave. Motherf***er. OK, deep breath. Serenity now. The only dream left for the default parent is to contract a highly contagious, non-life threatening virus. But even then, we know the children will find us in our quarantine tent to ask us to open a jar."
Now one of my bloody cousins has gone all, perfect couple bullshit on me telling me how people should communicate better blah blah and then there'll be no problem.

FFS, it's bloody facebook and it's half a joke, but there are some parts in the article that ring true, so it's a bit contentious, which is why I put the part that was most relevant to my situation in my comments.

It's just irritating when people give you the whole, "you're doing it wrong" talk when their own shit is far from perfect.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #5685
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Ignore them Ali!

Sent by thought transference

Tags
mild cheddar