The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-30-2016, 09:17 AM   #31
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
wtf did you do to your teeth that's so expensive to fix? Are you having them replaced with hen's teeth cultivated by virgin cheerleaders?
According to my dentist it's usually what you didn't do to your teeth, e.g. brushing, flossing, regular cleanings, brushing again, and laying off the sticky sweet stuff and not sipping sweetened coffee all day. And of course, refraining from biting rocks or opening beer bottles with your teeth.

Since it's BigV I'm going to go with biting leather to impart an interesting texture to some BDSM appliance for $500, Alex.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 AM   #32
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'll take 'fell on the playground and shoved a tooth up into my head and the chain reaction of lifetime dental issues'for 1000, alex.

It's expensive and painful to have teeth under those circumstances. Bv might have similar issues.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #33
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I'll take 'fell on the playground and shoved a tooth up into my head and the chain reaction of lifetime dental issues'for 1000, alex.

It's expensive and painful to have teeth under those circumstances. Bv might have similar issues.
A long time standard in dentistry for low income Vermonters is to pull all your teeth when you are young. I worked with a number of people who had full dentures in their 20s. Pulling teeth is cheaper than fillings and root canal.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #34
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
A long time standard in dentistry for low income Vermonters is to pull all your teeth when you are young. I worked with a number of people who had full dentures in their 20s. Pulling teeth is cheaper than fillings and root canal.
We have that same tradition in Kentucky, but here, it's just for the pain pills.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:21 AM   #35
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My dad knocked several of his teeth out in his early 20s...they gave him dentures. This was the mid-60s.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:10 AM   #36
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

False teeth were an acceptable wedding present before WWII. Grandad was viewed with some bemusement for holding onto his chompers rather than having them replaced. They lasted til he died in his 80s.

I think I must have inherited mine from his side of the family - no work done EVAH. None out, no braces (though they'd look nicerer if I had) no fillings, nowt.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #37
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post

exactly .... (almost) no-one here strikes me immediately as someone who wouldn't take care of their teeth ....must be a story.....
Old 08-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #38
monster
I hear them call the tide

..... I have some crowns from wear and tear etc ...but nothing like that $$$$!
Old 08-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #39
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

3 broken jaw teeth. From clenching. Anger/rage issues.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #40
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
3 broken jaw teeth. From clenching. Anger/rage issues.
Aren't all teeth jaw teeth?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #41
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

A jaw tooth is a back tooth (i.e. molar). The uppers and lowers occlude when you clench your teeth.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #42
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

I figured he meant molars but still, they are all in the jaw right? Well, except the three he broke.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

*snort*
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #44
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Well, except the three he broke.
There still there, somewhat...to the gumline anyway.

Molars, yeah. The big ones.

"Jawteeth" may be a Kentuckyism.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 PM   #45
glatt

My elderly cousin died this evening. It shocked me because I thought he had a week or so left in him.

I'm happy for him. His life at the end was pretty miserable and it isn't any longer. But now, even though I am tired, I am wired. I got up to make lists of all the people I have to call tomorrow so I could stop thinking about it.

My POA has expired, so I can't do much official, but I still have half a dozen things left to do. And I left a phone number at work that I will need. So I guess I have to go in for at least an hour or so.

Sorry, I'm yammering. Gotta turn this brain off.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote