The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #31
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Poor tw believed his father was the smartest guy in the world so tw swallowed all the madmen bullshit the old man spouted.
That's why he's so delusional, poor boy.
This is the first I've heard of tw having... family. The very first.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #32
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
His hobby is mouthing off about how all things and all circumstances betray and offend tw.
Replies are always based in facts that expose / challenge emotions in so many conclusions. Cited repeatedly is how easily some only use emotions to know something. Saddam's WMDs are a classic example. Mission Accomplished, that resulted, was also based in lies justified by emotions. And the resulting disaster - ignoring phase four planning - was but another perfect example of the emotional - challenged by facts even defined by SzeTzu over 2500 years ago.

Even The Don was elected only because he lies and insults people. That appeals to the emotional.

We went through same with a book on strategic objectives in military strategy. You only read the first chapter and gave up. It was too complicated. And therefore did not realize, so well defined in that book, why America would have to return and fight that war all over again - resulting in most of the 5000 Americans uselessly killed there.

But that is too long for an emotional person who needs everything explained in a soundbyte - a 140 character post.

So you attack the messenger rather than address the topic. Learning reality from so many paragraphs is too hard. Better is to wait for the Central Committee to say what to believe. And that, sir, has always been why we will constantly disagree. I do not wait to be brainwashed by extremist talk show hosts.

Meanwhile, xoxoxBruce has finally attempted to answer one of the questions.
Quote:
The reason for it is because a CA tech Billionaire had a sister murdered by an ex-boyfriend who was arrested. A week later ...
The billionaire is a founder of Broadcom. If I remember (from so long ago), his name is Nicholos. His objective is to get a Constitutional Amendment at the Federal level by first getting it implemented in many states.

His objectives are admirable. But the laws (amendments) that he is promoting are too vague, too broad, and too easily used to subvert personal rights. At least that is the analysis by some who use reason to make conclusions. These concepts and principles have been too little discussed to justify and sudden legal change.

It is currently promoted using the same 'we don't need to learn' attitude that justified changing Daylight Savings Time.

The proposal has pros and cons. Both would be discussed by moderates. Unfortunately a citation by sexobon demonstrates a one sided opinion. It does not discuss both pros and cons. And is therefore best ignored as if written by an extremist.

What then follows are so many personal attacks that never answer the questions: Who is pushing all this? And why? What really is the objective? What really is the problem that must be solved?

One can only conclude that most have opinions but could not even answer those simple questions. And that was the purpose of those questions. Separate moderates (who learn facts before having opinions) from extremists (who make conclusions from and justify their attacks only using emotion).

Not surprising, so many cheapshots came from the usual suspects - who refused to answer any of those questions. Apparently because they could not.

Curious is why UG did not immediately join in the usual personal attacks. That is expected from people who only want to 'wreck shit'.

Since this is so long, I expect the usual disparaging comments devoid of any honest discussion. And find it curious that neither moderates nor progressives post in these discussions anymore.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:08 PM   #33
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

I did my own research and posted what I did up-thread because of what I found.

I was cryptic, not uninformed.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #34
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
… Unfortunately a citation by sexobon demonstrates a one sided opinion. It does not discuss both pros and cons. And is therefore best ignored as if written by an extremist. ...
My citation comes from the ACLU. The PA. ACLU's position on the matter prevailed and the PA. Supreme Court ruled that Marsy’s Law votes won’t be counted.

The citation was also part of a linked article that gave background information for those willing to do their own research.

Sexobon cites winners. Tw cries with losers.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #35
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
So this is going to be on your ballot:

Shall the Pennsylvania Constitution be amended to grant certain rights to crime victims, including to be treated with fairness, respect and dignity; considering their safety in bail proceedings; timely notice and opportunity to take part in public proceedings; reasonable protection from the accused; right to refuse discovery requests made by the accused; restitution and return of property; proceedings free from delay; and to be informed of these rights, so they can enforce them?

This seems pretty broad to be messing with our PA Constitution.

We are having a national discussion about this stuff, see Brett Cavanaugh. I prefer we be more incremental, a fine adjustment versus a hammer blow.

Any thoughts?
So, we're all opposed glad we're so agreeable.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #36
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Noted is that tw was the last to get on board and then only after a decision had been handed down. Everyone else called it right prior.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #37
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
right to refuse discovery requests made by the accused;

Wait. What?
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #38
Griff
still says videotape

IKR?
Old 11-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #39
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Curious is why UG did not immediately join in the usual personal attacks. That is expected from people who only want to 'wreck shit'.
It is simply accounted for: you do not have an accurate understanding of me, and you never will -- as an exertion of the emotional thinking you have always denied on the one hand yet always evidence on the other. You own the emotional thinking, and it is yours in perpetuity. You desperately want my character to be as low as your own. I'm not sorry to inform you that I have more self-respect than that.

You are completely summed up by your bitternesses and prejudices and idées fixes. None here think of you as anything but a piñata. You demand that the world offend and injure you. Sure enough... compliance happens, happened, will further happen.

You'll die alone. Having voted Democratic one last time.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 11-15-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #40
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Noted is that tw was the last to get on board and then only after a decision had been handed down. Everyone else called it right prior.
Hell, I didn't hear a damn thing about it until I read it here.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #41
tw

Quote:
Hell, I didn't hear a damn thing about it until I read it here.
This movement started in CA. Did CA not have a Proposition for this amendment? CA is famous for its voter initiated laws.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #42
Urbane Guerrilla

If we did, I didn't notice it in the voting booth, not the last election nor the one before.

Such proposition would appear on a general-election ballot -- that'd be every four years. With me, propositions have to meet a high bar; I most often vote No.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #43
tw

Quote:
If we did, I didn't notice it in the voting booth, not the last election nor the one before.
The League of Women voters once distributed copies of the ballot at least one week before the election. So that voters could know what was on their ballot and investigate days before. It does not happen any more.

Since the ballot is locked in long before the polls open, we should be able to see our ballot on-line weeks before the polls open. Just wondering why nobody thought it necessary?

Google, et al could earn significant advertising money doing this across the country.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #44
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The PA LWV became more interested in their political side than their voter education side.

I watched it happen when I attended the state convention in 1997.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:34 PM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

This last election I was greeted, as usual, with a dozen people lining the last 30 feet to the door trying to had out pamphlets for their candidate. Body language and glare usually make them back off, but there was a keyed up newbie overachiever this time. I didn't take his pamphlet but I did stop and tell him, if someone gets to this point and doesn't know who they're voting for they shouldn't be allowed to vote. He didn't know what to say but the regulars laughed.

I wonder if the LWV backed off because for the weeks leading up to the election our mailboxes are stuffed with literature every damn day.