The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

How to Completely ***k up your life

I was bouncing around the web and I ran across this scandal. Just in case you think from all of the Paris-Britney coverage that stupid self destructive behavior is limited to blonde American women, Edison Chen comes along to provide diversity.

Quote:
The Edison Chen photo scandal is a media scandal in early 2008 involving Hong Kong actor Edison Chen Kwoon-hei and various actresses, including Gillian Chung Yan-tung, Bobo Chan Man-woon, and Cecilia Cheung Pak-zhi.[1]
Beginning in late January 2008, racy photographs of the aforementioned actor and actresses were circulated on the internet, through sites such as forums.
What's even more interesting is his involvement with the boss's niece.

Quote:
Edison's current girlfriend, 18 year old Vincy Yeung (楊永晴), is the niece of the Chairman of Emperor Entertainment Group, Albert Yeung. On 8 February, three pictures of her standing naked in a shower appeared on the internet.[20]
Also, I saw a video clip, allegedly of this woman doing something Paris allegedly did but doing it much much better. IMO, Edison Chen might be a stupid schmuck, but he has excellent taste in women.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 02-16-2008 at 10:58 AM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

Do any of those damn links go to hot naked chicks?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
No but this one (NSFW) does. Or rather, it goes to a download of the alleged video I allegedly referred to in the previous post.

I will say that in my opinion there is a resemblance. My only thoughts of fakery have to do with the belief that no amateur performance can look that good.

To be clear, I did not create or distribute the video. I am merely stating that I read about the scandal and ran across the file while searching for additional background. It's a real cluster**k involving at least a dozen major and minor celebrities. Videos and pictures keep popping up and the Hong Kong police keep running around trying to shut everything down. Of course it didn't work for Paris and Pamela and it's not going to work in this case either.

I found that link in plain sight. That's not counting filesharing networks, etc., that I'm too lazy, paranoid, and ethical (not necessarily in that order) to frequent. Once it hits the Net it sticks.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 02-16-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Yeah, really, rich, I'm extremely disappointed. Bruce, I think that's a banning.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
deadbeater
Sir Post-A-Lot

Relax, Megaupload, the site linked, temporarily took it down. Darn it!

Seriously what's up with these cads called boyfriends putting up racy photos on websites and forums without gf's permission?

Oh, more info: It seems that HK police are looking for the one posting the photos. They put like 100 cops on the case! Damn! It's like his photos have the effect of Death Notes on starlets' careers. Oh btw, it came from Edison bringing his laptop for repair. I say Death Notes because the name of the person posting the photos is called Kira.Here's the source.

Last edited by deadbeater; 02-17-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: More info
deadbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbeater View Post
Relax, Megaupload, the site linked, temporarily took it down. Darn it!
I think Steve was being sarcastic about banning, since the Wiki links did not go to any videos.

As for the Megaupload link being down. Well, you snooze, you lose.

It might just be that the video clip is for real. Wow. It's one thing to see adult movies and tell yourself it's all fake. It's another thing to read about amateur movies and say 'well, they're faking it for the camera'. But then you see a movie that supposedly was never meant for public viewing and find out that there's this whole other world where guys get amazing BJs from beautiful women just for fun who are so uninhibited that they don't mind being photographed.

That's just f***ing depressing. And I thought that Edwards' two Americas theory was sad.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
breakingnews
Q_Q

Damn. I had a link to 500 of the photos, but (naturally) they've been blocked. The HK police have gone on a rampage keeping people from continuing to show those pics. One of my friends has them saved - I'll send if anyone is really that interested.

Honestly, if you don't live in China/HK/Taiwan and don't know who these actresses are, the photos really aren't that exciting. That was the first thing I said about the Paris Hilton video: It's only interesting because it's Paris.

That video is not real, btw.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingnews View Post
That video is not real, btw.
Whew. For a while there I was pretty annoyed. BTW, how do you know this? There was a certain similarity.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
I think Steve was being sarcastic about banning
I was suggesting the banning not NOT posting ENOUGH naked pictures/videos!!
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
...and find out that there's this whole other world where guys get amazing BJs from beautiful women just for fun who are so uninhibited that they don't mind being photographed.
We have those here, no need to go to HK.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I found some of the pics , slow loading but nice
http://www.asian-sirens.com/blog/com...d=1624_0_1_0_C
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
deadbeater
Sir Post-A-Lot

Edison Chen put his career into hiatus, and, according to rumors, is proposing to his girlfriend to avoid ''triad wrath'.

Uh-oh looks like they caught up with him in Utah.
deadbeater is offline   Reply With Quote