The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
breakingnews
Q_Q

what's your favorite food event?

So, this past weekend was the annual Ninth Avenue International Food Festival. Obviously, it was held on 9th Ave, and spanned 20 blocks, from 37th to 57th streets. I had such a fabulous time wandering around, eating EVERYTHING in sight. This far and away ranks as my favorite food-eating event.

On day 1, I had a lamb gyro, fried calamari, raw oysters and a whole bunch of soft shell crabs.

On day 2, the seafood markets were just so freaking good that I went back and personally ate: a dozen oysters, a basket of lobster balls, fried calamari, catfish, three king crab legs and four soft shell crabs. Then I split a bowl of jambalaya, a plate of paella and a crepe with nutella and fried bananas. Yes, oink. There was so much else to try, but I just didn't have the room in my stomach.

I have pictures, but I haven't had time to load them onto my computer. Then I came across this site, which basically has the same exact shots I do. I have a few others I will post maybe tonight when I get an opportunity.

http://www.chriskula.com/2005/05/wal...h-avenues.html

So what and when is your favorite?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Bite Of Seattle.

They have a regular website that has mysteriously capsized, now that I need to reference it. :grr: Here is my second choice.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #3
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I sometimes attend The Book and the Cook in Phila. I also LIVE for a new episode of Good Eats but my life is boring.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:52 AM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I wanted to go to the Book and the Cook but I was either working or lazy that weekend. I can't recall which.

I tend to despise large events of that type anyway ... too crowded, too many people clamoring for whatever it is they're selling, questionable food safety practices, all under one roof!! (or in the open air)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #5
LCanal
I hope to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Vegetarian Pizza but every now and then I get a craving for a Cheddar and Branston Pickle sandwich.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:15 AM   #6
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

mmmmmmm! Questionable food safety practices!
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There speaks the man who goes through periods where all he can eat is mayonnaise on white bread.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Mmmmmmm!~ I love food! Food is the second best thing about being alive (sex is first, of course.) I love whatever it is I'm eating at that moment--chicken and peanut sauce penne, olive oil and parmesean, steak, potatoes, a tomato from the garden on toast with mayo, Applebee's Blondie, ice-cream cones, a Frisch's Big Boy....mmmmmm! I love all of it (except sea monster stuff. And game animals. And other weird stuff that some of you guys eat and swear it's great.) Mmmmmmmm! Food!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote