The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-31-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Am I likely to get a good deal on appliances this weekend?

I know 4th July weekend is often a good time to get a deal on home appliances, but what about this weekend (in the US)? I vaguely heard an ad on the radio implying it might be but then they imply every weekend is a good weekend. Just wondering whether it's worth putting in a little extra effort towards replacing the dishwasher or not....
Old 03-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Whatever you do, be sure to check out Sears Outlet for slightly damaged/floor models. Great discounts if you don't mind that your dishwasher has a small dent or scratch . . .
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
monster

nope.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Whatever you do, be sure to check out Sears Outlet
Worry big time. Sear parts can be extremely difficult to get. And are, by far, often the most expensive parts.

I tried to get a metal skid for a Craftsman snow blower in Mar. After sending the wrong part, then gave me a gift card instead of the right part. Then the gift card would not work - on internet or in their order center (by phone). Then they tried to get the gift card fixed. Six weeks later, they could not make it work. So they sent another gift card (could not send me the part until I had a good gift card). And that gift card did not work.

Then so they sent another gift card. But a month later, I still did not have the card. They move the entire operation from southern Alabama to a new location (apparently to cut costs). But nothing in the new location knew how anything worked. So I had to wait for the operation to move before they sent me another gift card.

Then I order the part by voice. But the gift card would not work. So they told me to order it via the internet. Turns out the internet site has no place to enter the gift card number. So I called back. The guy entered the gift card number. It would not work. But he kept entering it. Suddenly it worked.

Meanwhile what started as a $12 ended up costing me $20. I did not argue - for obvious reasons.

A skid originally ordered in March was finally delivered in November.

Did same with a motor for the rotating tray in a microwave oven. Eventually found the same motor of less then half the price on Amazon. Sears prices have also increased. Because the purpose of that company is profits - not the customer or providing products.

The only part of Sears making a profit are Sears Outlet stores. So they split that off as a separate Sears entity - another money game by spread sheet experts.

Avoid Sears if possible. I expect all stores to close by the end of this year.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #5
monster

see above

Well I ended up not having time, so I'm sure I missed a fuckload of good deals. But the christmas tree is gone now.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #6
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
see above

Well I ended up not having time, so I'm sure I missed a fuckload of good deals. But the christmas tree is gone now.
One of ours is still up ....