The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #1696
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I hate moving as well. We moved 13 times in 20 years, but after a while you get it down to a science, esp if a company is coming in and doing it for you.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #1697
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The actual moving is the easy part, it's the sorting and decisions a mover can't do for you, that's hard.

TIP ~ no, that other sock isn't coming back some day.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #1698
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Hooray!!! We have done the dreaded task of moving!!! It took 2 trips in a Uhaul and 3 hired hands but we did it! Now my weight room and garage are full of capnhowdy's belongings but it won't be long.

We moved in Saturday with Snow on the ground and it really wasn't that bad, just very tiring. After the movers left, we set up our bedroom first and both crashed after hot showers. Boy, did that bed feel good!

Sunday we went back to the 'block house' for a final walk through and to get the last of the a/c units out of the windows along with a few of capn's tools and such. We were going to take some of the carpets but after we moved out the furniture and saw just how bad the mold and mildew was we decided against taking the carpets. Capn didn't have any idea just how bad that stuff was until we started moving out.

His doctor told him that stuff could kill ya especially once it was stirred up! The doctor also said it was probably why Capn had such medical problems with his breathing and blood pressure. Just in the few days of being out of it, we are both feeling loads better! Plus it is helping since we are drinking well water and not city chemicals and we are also breathing fresh country air not city fumes.

Now the fun begins of sorting, selling, and putting up. The funny thing is we haven't advertised a yard sale and already people are stopping by wanting to look through our belongings!! I told Capn I would be glad when the garage didn't have anything in it so that people would stop trying to buy all our stuff we don't want to sell!!! Oh well, just a little fun part of the capnhowdy and juju journey!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #1699
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Life is looking UP for these two lovebirds.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #1700
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Glad you're in Ju & Cap'n.
I always get to a point when moving OUT where everything I do seems only to make things worse. It does not feel like a finite task at all, and I can never imagine getting to the point where I can actually leave.
Moving in is far better. You know you have plenty of time, and everything you do is so obviously a step forward rather than back.

Today I am waiting in for the post. Sounds like a passive thing to do, and quite relaxing, but I am already boiling over with frustration. Large items and items to be signed for usually come before I wake up, so last night I slept without earplugs and this morning I got up half an hour early. Nope, nothing.

The large item I'm waiting for was apparently dispatched last Friday. WHERE IS IT!?
A couple of smaller things, including one which was sent First Class Recorded definitely went yesterday. WHERE ARE THEY?!

I know you (snowed on Merkins) have had much worse post recently. But my impatience comes from the fact that we are not having any kind of bad weather here. Except in the Highlands, but I haven't ordered anything from there.

Meh. What makes it worse is there is no specific reason for wanting these things immediately. It is my own child-on-Christmas-Eve impatience. I am not suited to buying postal delivery items. I'd stop, but 90% of the time it really is the cheapest option available.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths.

ETA - Postie has just been! Yay! And even better, the skirt I ordered is even nicer than I thought. Second hand long black denim. It's both thicker, newer and longer than I could have hoped (in fact I doubt if it has ever been worn). Big stuff didn't arrive though. Grrrr.

Last edited by Sundae; 02-16-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #1701
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

And I finally got my machine back on line. I missed you guys. Really.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #1702
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
And I finally got my machine back on line.
That belongs in the "you're old" thread.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #1703
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

My LIFE is the "you're old" thread. Because I'm ....well.... OLD.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #1704
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I should be happy today.
My luggage (the item I was waiting for above) arrived, as did a lovely present from Limey. Grandad appears to have come to the end of this holiday's case of the runs and I think I have the last of the poopy washing in the machine right now.

I am losing weight, I rode out my craving for alcohol last night and I did organised stuff this morning like eBay posting and dropping off my prescription.

But I'm not. Happy I mean.
I am bloody miserable.
I feel like I don't know what to do with myself and have no passion or enthusiasm for anything. Not even making plans for Amsterdam are rasing my spirits - then again it's hyper-planned already.

Dunno. Just a down day I suppose. Get through it and things will get better.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #1705
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

You need to get laid, Sundae.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #1706
Cloud

ugh. I've about had it with all politicians. They spend all their time pointing fingers and blaming the other side, without getting anything done. They're the true pikers, lumberjim, and I just want to tell them to stfu and get back to work!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #1707
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

skoal!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 AM   #1708
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Aw crap. We've got a state election coming up, and a federal one not long away. Elections and voting don't bother me; all the message-massaged bullshit in the preceding month makes me nauseous.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #1709
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
You need to get laid, Sundae.
Amen to that!

Parts of what follows are whited out because they refer to menstruation - if that icks you out you won't see it by mistake at least.

So it turns out the reason for a number of things getting me down lately is the fact I am having a period. This is my first in years, so I'd forgotten how crummy they make me feel. For days I was feeling low and mopey - which I put down to a blip in my depression. And my charlies were SO heavy and SO sore! When I took off my bra each night I felt like I had two boulders dipped in pain hanging off me. And my belly wasn't right. Not at all. It also felt heavy and twingy, like something was rotting in there.

Lo and behold, I go to the loo and black gunge comes out. Wha?! I know this as a sign that I am about to bleed and suddenly everything falls into place. It's not a heavy flow by any means - nothing on my panty liner, just plenty to wipe each time I go to the loo. But the other symptoms are as strong as I ever had them.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. My implant isn't due for renewal until August at least. If I'm going to start getting periods again, I might as well not bother having another one - the contraception is simply a side effect for me after all.

Anyway, now I know what my mystery ailment is, it's easier to deal with. Just hope it's all over & done with soon, because it's still pretty rotten. My sympathy to those of you who go through it every month.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #1710
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
[ My sympathy to those of you who go through it every month.
SG, that is the absolute 1 thing i did NOT miss when I went through my partial hysterectomy and then went through another surgery to remove 1 fallopian tube. I never, ever said, 'oh how i wish it would come back'!!!

it was so fun when they took out the baby bed and left in the the play pen!!

Tags
dum, oh the whorror