The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
be-bop
Operations Operative

Technology Madness

What to do with unwanted technology/ hardware? I ask this question as tiding up the other day I counted up the Items I have lying about in drawers’, cupboards and in the loft and it’s quite a list

Phillips Mobile phone
Nokia Mobile phone
Samsung Mobile phones (2)
2 dead I-phones (my wife’s)
XP Desktop, now obsolete
Vista Laptop, now obsolete
Windows 7 (Starter) laptop Soon to be obsolete
Windows 7 Home Desktop, soon to be obsolete
2 Android tablets getting slower by the day
I-Pad and I-Pad mini (My wife’s) getting slower by the day
I’m now using a Dell Inspiron windows 10 home laptop, which is two years old now and the spec although still ok is staring to look outdated when looking at current units now being advertised.

Now I’m no luddite but don’t you think Technology is getting out of hand? It seems Microsoft want you to buy new hardware every couple of years, in the list above the computers are in good condition and the only problems are the operating systems being phased out some of the phones are a bit battle scarred but still work.
I was miffed when Microsoft dumped XP, even Vista didn’t seem as bad as some people thought, but I’m greatly miffed at Windows 7 getting canned.
I’ve been using Windows 10 now for a couple of years but I still think it’s a crap system and Microsoft have too much control over your system as nearly every update I have to rearrange things and there is always stuff being put on my machine without my consent.

So, what do you think?
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote