Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #9571
Griff
still says videotape

fucking fuckety fuck IM. Do your best.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #9572
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If things get ridiculous go to the E.R. Tell them you can't pay a dime.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #9573
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

IM, the offer is there if you need it. Despite what you may think, i am a compassionate person and dont like to see others suffer.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #9574
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sundae: my situation is no 'better' or 'worse' than yours. We all go through different crap. In fact, we are both worried about our own health while worrying about loved ones' health. It freaking sucks, I know.

I know I can't help unless I feel better.

Soooo...I did finally get my retirement money. This doesn't mean I'm retired, of course, just that I can get my affairs in order and start back at Square One. I'm really good at Square One. I do my best work in Square One. But I don't think I'll do much with Square One until I get back on the med and THEN get with my doctor and come up with a taper off plan. I seem to feel better in the mornings and it gets worse as the day goes on. I'll think I feel pretty content one minute and the next I'm bawling my eyes out. A good indicator: I was happy coming into the library then saw some of the townswomen, all glorious in scarves and jewelry and the ever-important cell phone to their ear, who can't even find their way around this LIBRARY which is a freaking work of art in itself and I mumbled "what is it, pretentious snot bitch day at the library?"

Yeah, that's not nice.

I'll have access to more of the money tomorrow, but I want to get my script broken into one month instead of 3, paying ~400 as opposed to ~1100, then go to lower doses which will also lower the cost. I want off this stuff. I can't believe there isn't much more than the thousands of online forum postings in the way of warning of the severe withdrawal. No, this ain't like stopping prozac or paxil or any of the other freaking SSRIs I've tried over the years. This is potential suicide-inducing, with the very extreme mood swings and the physical impairments. I'm a bit angry with the doctors. Maybe it's my mission to get this information out there. I could be like one of those cool people you read about in Reader's Digest: How I Bucked Big Pharm Before it Bucked Anyone Else.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #9575
infinite monkey

Ali, I know you're compassionate. We may not have always seen eye to eye but I know you do reach out to people. I don't know if you meant the universal 'you' or if you meant 'me' but believe me your offer touched me. And I appreciate that about you.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #9576
infinite monkey

And, thanks everyone. Just venting did a world of good, for one thing giving me a reminder of just how bad I can get in this state.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #9577
glatt

I'm glad you got some money and are going to get the meds you need. I hope you feel better soon.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #9578
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Infi and Sundae - one day at a time. You're both far stronger that you give yourselves credit for.
You are each an inspiration for others in a tight fix, as to how to just knuckle down and chip away, minute by minute if necessary and drawing on all the resources at your disposal - not least venting to your pals here.
Attagurlz! xx
Old 09-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #9579
infinite monkey

You're so kind. Thanks. *hug**

Sundae, we shall heed the word of Limey because as you know (much better than I, even) she is one of the good ones on earth.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #9580
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

One of the good and wise ones.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #9581
glatt

That's really sucky. I'm sorry.

Dentistry sucks.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #9582
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Dental problems are a nightmare. But this ... they actually injured your face trying to get hardware off? I'm sorry, IM.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #9583
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Why can't I get a fucking break.
I don't know.

But the answer I think we're supposed to give is to focus on the positive. Count your blessings. That sort of thing. I think that can help, if you really try it. It's sort of like a meditation.

It's easy to forget the good stuff because you take it for granted. You love your nieces, right? They are a huge positive in your life. You're fortunate to have them. That's just an example. You would know better than I would what your positives are, I can't do this exercise for you. Focus on the positives and take your mind off the shit. Hard to do with a throbbing mouth, so tell me to screw off if it helps.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #9584
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
...like the freak that I look like.
There's a freak running around that looks like you?

Chin up, and all that shit. This will pass.

Hell, Infi, I been freaky-looking for 45 yrs.

Feel better.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #9585
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Hug.

Wish I could help you with your load. ...

I would usually advise focusing on the present, but with it being tooth hurty right now...... I got nuthin.

Hug.

Yeah. .. that's all I got. I guess you have to do something about that tooth first, so....um..... just handle that one thing first.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss