The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 10-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #241
SilverPhoenix
dreamer of the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
73, 54, 23, 999
Hike!
SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #242
Mr. Ears
RULER OF THE WORLD!!!

Did anyone notice on the tree sign thing that it says the cat died???
Old 10-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #243
zazkia
Jotter of Notes

hey everyone

I'm sorta new around here, so I'm not entirely sure if this has been mentioned yet, but here goes:

remember the code that kept flashing on the truck page?

1590521471 fourth word add s
0060254920 fifth word
0970042809 last word
.. etc?

well, the numbers looked like ISBN numbers, and if you look up the books they belong to (and take the fourth word of the title and add an s etc)

you get these words:

hints
are
riddles
remain
questions
bigger
date
the
await
calm
remain
to answer
will come
your time
that weight
those
come to
good things

.. which, if you read them from bottom to top as the lines were grouped in the code gives you:

'riddles are hints'
'bigger questions remain'
'await the date'
'remain calm'
'your time will come to answer'
'good things will come to those who weight'

P.S. oh, and you know how in the redhead robot pages, it said: unhssrvelette ??

well, that can be scrambled into: 'seventh result' and when googling 'david hanson' the seventh result gives you the david hanson you need...
(i know.. lot of good that does us.. just thought it was funny.. might just be coincidence though..)

well, thats all i've found out for now.. i really hope we solve this soon.. cuz its causing me some major sleep-deprivation :P:P
zazkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #244
zazkia
Jotter of Notes

oh, and one more thing... remember on the very first page.. the numbers you heard in the background? :
check out http://www.spynumbers.com/

( "59372 98324 19043 78903 95320...". The mechanized female voice drones on and on... What have you stumbled on to? Instructions to spies? Messages exchanged between drug dealers? Deliberate attempts at deception and mis-information?

Chances are, all of the above! What you've tuned in to is called a "Spy Numbers Station". They've been on the air for several decades, and only recently have the mysteries started to unfold. But there's still much we don't know about these mysterious stations. With the information on these pages, you'll discover the little that we do know about these stations, what we're still trying to learn, and how you too can tune in to the spies.)

dont know if that helps any.. but oh well...
zazkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #245
thisismynicknam
Ordained Minister

When Jim felt something firm under his feet the poor beast's legs trembled so much that he could hardly stand; but Zeb at once leaped out of the buggy to the roof, and he was so awkward and hasty that he kicked over Dorothy's bird-cage, which rolled out upon the roof so that the bottom came off. At once a pink kitten crept out of the upset cage, sat down upon the glass roof, and yawned and blinked its round eyes.

"Oh," said Dorothy. "There's Eureka."

"First time I ever saw a pink cat," said Zeb.

"Eureka isn't pink; she's white. It's this queer light that gives her that color."

"Where's my milk?" asked the kitten, looking up into Dorothy's face. "I'm 'most starved to death."

"Oh, Eureka! Can you talk?"

"Talk! Am I talking? Good gracious, I believe I am. Isn't it funny?" asked the kitten.

"It's all wrong." said Zeb, gravely. "Animals ought not to talk.

L. Frank Baum
Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz

Going along the lines of Yuki's Bird. It may be nothing, but I figured it was worth a post.

Also I thought it might be interesting to note that "I have no mouth and I must scream" was not only a book, but was also made into an old DOS game back in '95 I believe.

It's essentially about a computer being in the future that controls the world. All that's left of humanity is a few people, each of which have their vices like vanity and such, which are exploited in what seems to be their own personal hell by this mechanized satan.

I used to play that on my old DOS machine, along with Zakk McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

Also, the dummy head is a robot, essentially. It's called the K-Bot, and it was made by a man named David Hanson.

"The head's got 24 servomotors, he says, covering the major muscles in the human face. It's got digital cameras in its eyes, to watch the people watching it, and new software will soon let the head mimic viewers. Its name is K-Bot, and it's modeled after Kristen Nelson, his lab assistant."

I'm not sure whether or not that has yet been covered.

Hello, by the way.

Last edited by thisismynicknam; 10-26-2004 at 09:36 AM.
thisismynicknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #246
TheReaper
Person Who Has Posted

Hmm... the window says: "Frankenstein now, Yuki's bird"
I'm pretty sure the username is David, Hanson, David Hanson or something like that.
The password should be the name of Yuki's bird. What's its name?
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #247
Redneck
Natural Born Rebel

Someone has suggested that yuki's bird could be Yuki herself....Read "Dance Dance Dance" chapter 30 paragraph 265

"«Okay, suppose you were a bird,» I said, «and flying was something you really enjoyed and made you feel good. But there were certain circumstances that, except on rare occa*sions, kept you from flying. I don't know, let's say, lousy weather conditions, the direction of the wind, the season, things like that. But the more you couldn't fly, the more you wanted to fly and your energy built up inside you and made you irritable. You felt bottled up or something like that. You got annoyed, maybe even angry. You get me?» «I get you,» she said. «I always feel that way.» «Well, that's your sex drive.»"

Or it could be something to do with sex or being unaware of dangers...I don't know.
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #248
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

When are you guys going to figure out that this is an elaborate marketing scheme for the book "Dance, Dance, Dance?"
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #249
Redneck
Natural Born Rebel

http://www.filmfights.com/cgi-bin/play.pl?32.6
This is a short film made by TINP
Old 10-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #250
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
When are you guys going to figure out that this is an elaborate marketing scheme for the book "Dance, Dance, Dance?"
I can't wait until they solve it and discover the reward is something like this.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:22 PM   #251
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Or "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine"
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #252
MuadDib
Lead Subordinate

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...on-all/did-97/
just thought I'd point that out.
MuadDib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:21 PM   #253
Redneck
Natural Born Rebel

Nice find Muad'Dib
Old 10-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #254
MuadDib
Lead Subordinate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Nice find Muad'Dib
The Murakai references might be throwing us off on this one, but who knows.
(btw, that apostrophe tells me you are familiar with Dune )
MuadDib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #255
Redneck
Natural Born Rebel

I love Dune...my whole family calls me Muad'Dib

anyways,
There are way too many connections between Yuki and Bird when Googled so it is easier to try stuff from the book first I guess. At least that's what I'm doing, then I will go on to other possible connections.

damn this thing is fryin' my brain.

Last edited by Redneck; 10-26-2004 at 09:35 PM.