The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #76
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #77
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
"Bush was president, I thought, 'Be brave. Tie a bomb to your shirt. Insist on going to the White House. And I want to have a big hug with the vice president, definitely. And his wife, and the president, and his wife, and anybody else that can fit into the love hug,'"
Quote:
"And then we'll blow ourselves up, and I'd be a hero,"
Quote:
"It would have been a very brave and wonderful thing,"
On Newt Gingrich:

Quote:
"an idiot of great renown."

"There is something so hopelessly gross and vile about him that it's hard to take him seriously,"
Quote:
"I hate people,"
All ~Maurice Sendak

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #78
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Wow.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #79
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
"There's so much sand in these bunkers. There's just a lot of sand in them."
~Tiger Woods

Old 06-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #80
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways.
Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness (1930) ch. 9
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #81
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
"Few people in this world will ever have more influence on our lives than Andy Griffith. An actor who never looked like he was acting, a moral compass who saved as many souls as most preachers, and an entertainer who put smiles on more faces than almost anyone; this was as successful a life as is pretty much possible."
~Brad Paisley

Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #82
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
~ President Thomas Whitmore (from "Independence Day")

Old 07-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #83
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.
Inception
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #84
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
~Brad Paisley
I'm a noted Hatin' Hats and Fluff Country Music person. However, I do realize there is some talent scattered amongst the crap.

I don't really have much of an opinion of Brad except that my friends had me watch the Waitin' on a Woman video with Andy Griffith and I thought it was so sweet. Made me teary. Brad had due respect for a great man, and you can see it in his face. Good on you, Brad.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
If one does not climb tall mountains, one cannot view the plains.
Chinese Proverb
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #86
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I like that.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #87
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I don't really have much of an opinion of Brad except that my friends had me watch the Waitin' on a Woman video with Andy Griffith and I thought it was so sweet. Made me teary. Brad had due respect for a great man, and you can see it in his face. Good on you, Brad.
I don't like country music as a rule. But, now, Mr. Brad Paisley is one guitar picking mofo, when he wants to be. Having said that, I don't like the majority of his music.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #88
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I like that.
Ok, try this one:

Quote:
You can't see the forest for the trees.
You can't smell the shit on your knees!
Marilyn Manson; The Beautiful People

Last edited by John Sellers; 07-06-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #89
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
A single byte of data is not a full meal...
~ Pete Zicato

Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #90
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

•spoken in to my phone