The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #46
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

UG - Excellent! I may not agree with what you say, but I do appreciate your use of the language - particularly the word bloviations. Twice today people used the term fungible when referring to alternative fuels. It's a good word day. Carry on!

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #47
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

well, it's been a couple weeks but it bothers me. My X Boyfriend hung up on me. When I complained about it he broke up with me. Then he said If I wanted to continue even as friends with him I had to appologize for getting upset to begin with. fuck that! It would be like saying" hurt me some more"
That came after 8 months of positive feedback. It came out of the blue with no warning. He got along with my kid and I always thought we made better friends and would be good friends forever. I would have liked to remain one but he took the cowards way out or he's just way out. I'm Very confused and still in shock most the time.

He is in to metaphyics so I think he took the long shuttle to pluto. Made some 'energy' remarks. Did this all by email too.

sorrry...please no condolences. I actualy feel better. Light a giant weight is off my sholders. It was hard to watch someone intellectually understand zen but live peyton place in his heart. I didn't realize how negative it was until he was gone....even if the circumstances of his leaving were so weird. So weird .. It spooked me about him so I'm glad he's gone.

sorry for the long rant..

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Seagull-manager type person grrrr
Curious about seagull-manager type person'

Last edited by skysidhe; 05-20-2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: phrase 'his heart '
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #48
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

We love long rants.

I'm not happy today because one of our cats is in season and she wont just SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'm about ready to rip her ovaries out myself!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #49
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Everyfuckingthing.

I can be more specific, but I am not really into whining...so will just leave it there.

Ali - free the beast, she just wants to get laid. Who are you to stand in the way!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #50
Aliantha

Actually, yesterday she was driving me nuts so I put her on the front verandah. She managed to escape and spent the rest of the day under our neighbours house and wouldn't come out. The boys had to crawl under and get her out in the evening.

She's a dumb cat. How's she going to get laid if she just hides under the house by herself?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #51
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I woke up at 8:30 this morning, and thought it would be nice to go out for Sunday brunch for once, since I had lots of time before going to work. But then I fell back to sleep for too long and missed out. And I still have a headache from oversleeping.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #52
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
We love long rants.

I'm not happy today because one of our cats is in season and she wont just SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'm about ready to rip her ovaries out myself!
thanks.....but yes let her out. In my next response I'll tell you why you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Everyfuckingthing.

I can be more specific, but I am not really into whining...so will just leave it there.

Ali - free the beast, she just wants to get laid. Who are you to stand in the way!!
no ducks...please whine. I'll feel better. You know...misery and company...ect...ect.

Ali...if you let her out you'll soon have a beautiful litter of kittens. I don't say this lightly.
You see, my X boyfriend let his mewling cat out and now I am the proud owner of two beautiful 3 month old kittens.

It must have been some grand design scheme to aquire kittens after my cat died. So please let the cycle of life continue. It's a beautiful thing...plus she'll feel good for awhile.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #53
Aliantha

Well, this cat is actually the product of the other two cats in the house. I think two generations is enough really. We had our tom cat fixed up after the litter of kittens in order to avoid more kittens. I know they're cute, and we really love our pets, but we have enough now, and sometimes it's hard to find good homes for the babies.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #54
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Seagull Manager: flies in from on high, squawks a lot, shits all over everything, flies out again, making off with the last half slice of pizza, too.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #55
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
It was the comments in the thread starting etiquette threads, and the "Cloud starts too many threads" and the implication that I am an obnoxious party guest that upset me a bit.

From everyone, not any single person, so I'm in the wrong.

I'm trying to stay away.
I'm truly sorry if it made you cry.

I'm not sorry for what I said because it was my opinion, and you did ask for opinions - it wasn't out of the blue.

Just because I don't like lots of new one-question threads it doesn't make me right. I could easily do without the gun threads or religious threads but they were here before I was, so I accept them as part of the Cellar. I'm selfish enough to want this place to stay the same as the day I joined, but if it makes you feel any better Cloud, I appear to be in a minority.

One of the things I love about this place is that it very rarely gets personal, and even when it does it can be forgotten about. I hope you feel that way about this incident too. There is someone posting at the moment who doesn't seem to follow this etiquette and they cause me far more irritation and distress than you do.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #56
Cloud

already forgotten.

You can't keep boards the same, unless you don't allow new members. And boards need new members, as old members fade away.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #57
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My kiddo is behaving in a generally sickly fashion, and among other things, he keeps refusing all forms of food and instead asking for water, water, more water. When he gets it, he chugs it until he starts to spit it back up. This is upsetting because a friend of mine has a young child who is diabetic, and this is how it started for her. I'm keeping a very close eye on how much he drinks and how much he pees out in the next 12 hours or so. Realistically, does my kid have diabetes? No. But that's what my friend thought too.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #58
Cloud

oh, yes, that is worrying! I hate it when the kiddos get sick.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #59
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

What is upsetting me today? A college boy is chasing after my 16yo daughter. I think I may have to hurt him.
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #60
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I spent the first three hours of my shift surfing the net, reading the Philadelphia Bulletin (yay, it's back), and taking a few inconsequential phone calls. The next four and a quarter hours were filled by an agitated ranting blind guy, a non-verbal severe MR, and the possibility of a self-mutilative teen with autism.

I go home in 45 minutes if all goes well.

It usually doesn't.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss