Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #1921
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I appreciate that man. Thank you.

I woke up feeling this way, it was unpleasant. I found out later this day that my Uncle G died that night. He's my favorite Uncle, we had a great relationship, I loved him very much. He..

listen. I find myself stumbling over the language. shifting to the past tense each time is like another little stab.

He lived in Florida. I am not going to be able to make it to the service.

It's ok. We talked frequently and we ended every call with I love you. I know he loved me. I know he knew I loved him. That part's not in question. The process, I mean the sequence of events .. why is this even something I'm thinking about? It was a surprise. He wasn't that old "just" 70.

I don't know.

Kiss and love your family. Don't delay.
Hear hear.

Sorry, Big V. It's a cruel fact of life that, the older we get, the more people we lose.

It sucks, man.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #1922
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
We talked frequently and we ended every call with I love you. I know he loved me. I know he knew I loved him. That part's not in question.
The last words my grandmother and I spoke to each other were "I love you." I can't begin to tell you how many times that fact gave some comfort.

Invaluable.

And now I'm a wet eyed drunk.

So sorry for your loss, V.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:42 AM   #1923
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tell the ones you love that you love them.

While ya can.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #1924
monster
I hear them call the tide

The cat.

It stole Polo Girl's long held family record for projectile vomit.

Well digested breakfast (kibble) and hairballs all over my bathroom. And a bit on the carpet nearby that I just vacced. Yes, it could have been so much worse -like in the huge tub of christmas lights it likes to nest on, or my bed with fresh linen last night.... but there was soooo much and sooo far, and on a Monday -my longest work day- and all over the toilet i cleaned thoroughly last night and the floor tile grout I scrubbed like a maniac this weekend....... and i have massive skin outbreaks from wearing rubber gloves so much this weekend, so the last thing i needed to do was put the motherfuckers back on and clean up cat chunder. I'mm'a shave that little git, I reckon
Old 11-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #1925
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

When I was playing janitor for awhile at Boeing they had thin cotton gloves I was told undertakers handed out to pallbearers. I'd wear them under the rubber gloves and it made a world of difference. Probably any thin fabric glove would work.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #1926
monster

nope, but thanks for playing. The gloves I use actually have a cotton lining for that reason, but eventually sweat kicks in and irritation starts. Heat is a good part of the problem so adding layers is bad. I'm just allergic to cleaning. But at least this is just irritated eczema and not the fun hives from latex (They're not "rubber" gloves by the way, they're vinyl)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #1927
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I have called everyone in my phone that owns a car. No one will give me a ride to the bar. I can't. I'm busy.

This is great.

I will now buttfuck everyone in my phone right in the goddamned mouth. Call me for help. I dare ya, I double dog dare ya, motherfucker. Aks me for help one mo goddamn again. Go ahead, aks me.

Fuck. You. All of ya. Miserable motherfuckers.

I'll just camp out in the Cellar. Where I'm loved and respected by all my true friends, Sexobon, TW, John Sellars, and Infinite Monkey.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #1928
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I can't. I'm busy.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #1929
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Dang.

Get in the line.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #1930
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

New hot shot salesman took my umbrella tonight. It's fucking pouring. He will pay dearly. Dearly.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #1931
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
1) 6” of rain or 6” of snow? Hmmm.
Clink on the link in the quote and embiggen for some cheering up.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #1932
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn fool kids, their mothers ought to tan their hides for playing in puddles and probably catch their death of pneumonia.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #1933
glatt

Our FIOS contract expired. They bumped our rates up about $10 to encourage us to sign a new one. They advertised huge Black Friday deals, so we were waiting for that before signing a new contract. Turns out the "sale" is a 29.33 percent increase in price over our last contract. That's a huge jump. $528 over the life of the contract.

This is a perfect example of pissing on you and telling you it's raining.

If you raise somebody's rates, don't call it a sale.

We have been with Verizon since 1992 and they are dead to me.

My wife is chatting with them now, trying to get a better deal.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #1934
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

When mine ran out in the early fall they pulled that $10 shit on me too after several go-rounds over a month I dropped a bunch of shit I didn't use and more and one of my set top boxes I only use once a year, knocking the bill back from $210 to $166 a month for phone, TV, and internet.

It still pisses me off that $34.97 of the bill is tacked on fees, taxes, and surcharges, their costs of doing business that they stick up my ass instead of paying out of profits like other businesses.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #1935
monster

Beest dying before we got a chance to go through all the passwords. The FAFSA. Not being able to find the pictures from our last vacation in Rome. Finally hacking his account on the family laptop. Not being able to open the documents I need that seem to be there but are ghosts. not finding the Rome pictures there when I was sure it was the only place left so they must be there. Life. A new year without beest. Single-parenting the world's most difficult child. no beest. that sort of thing.

Tags
limburger