The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #31
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ah.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr
If you drive down the road with ANY prescription pills not in their proper container, [and get stopped by the popo] you will go to jail.
Is it that you just go to jail long enough for them to figure out what the unlabeled pills really are, or are you saying it is illegal to drive with an otherwise perfectly legal prescription outside of its orange bottle?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was crossing into Canada when the man asked if we had drugs. My wife whips out an unlabeled pill bottle with a few of each of her prescriptions in it.

That held us up for a while.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
Nirvana
Back in 10

Dalai Lama
I usually say the aim of life is to be happy. Our existence is based on hope. Our life is rooted in the opportunity to be happy, not necessarily wealthy, but happy within our own minds. If we only indulge in sensory pleasure, we’ll be little different from animals. In fact, we have this marvelous brain and intelligence; we must learn to use it.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And fluffy cows, surely the Dalai Lama wouldn't forget fluffy cows.

I mean look at it, just look at it, you know your life will be incomplete without one.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #36
Nirvana
Back in 10

I am friends with Matt Lautner and we breed fluffy cows, actually that's a bull called Texas Tornado
Old 10-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #37
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I ran across that picture the other day, and went to Google for fluffy cows. The images are great but couldn't find much info. I have visions of getting ready for showmanship class and finding a matted fluffy cow.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #38
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I was crossing into Canada when the man asked if we had drugs. My wife whips out an unlabeled pill bottle with a few of each of her prescriptions in it.

That held us up for a while.

Canadian customs officers are FAR more hostile than American ones.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #39
monster
I hear them call the tide

We used to get asked if we had any copies on The Sun on the CanAm border.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #40
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Is it that you just go to jail long enough for them to figure out what the unlabeled pills really are, or are you saying it is illegal to drive with an otherwise perfectly legal prescription outside of its orange bottle?
Here, in KY, if you have a legal scrip, even for penicillin, and the pills are not in the prescription bottle that is marked with all the prescriptiony info on the label, and the police find out (doesn't matter if you're driving, riding a bicycle, or walking), you'll be charged with "prescription drug not in proper container".

Scenario: You're driving and run a stop sign, Barney Fife pulls you over. Barney goes through all the bullshit, and while you're pulling your ID/wallet outta your purse a Xanax tablet (for which you have a legal prescription) falls out and bounces across the hood. You're going to enjoy the hospitality of the county jail. Not just until they find out if you have a legal scrip, but, until you make bail. And go to court, and be sentenced, and do time for having a prescription drug not in it's proper container.

Now, if you're digging out your ID, and a prescription bottle of Xanax falls out and bounces across the hood, as long as it's a legit scrip, you're golden. (Unless, in the case of Xanax, or some such, you admit to driving under it's influence.)

If you have a loose pill, and a legit scrip, bottle and all,, sometimes the cop will let you slide.

If the bottle is at home, you're in trouble.

ETA: One of these won't help, either.

Name:  blue-pill-boxes.jpg
Views: 2143
Size:  11.0 KB

(Well, maybe with a verrrrry understanding popo. But, I doubt it.)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 10-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #41
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I am friends with Matt Lautner and we breed fluffy cows, actually that's a bull called Texas Tornado
Is that what Tracy Lawrence is singing about?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #42
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Clod, your Texan mileage may vary.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post

Canadian customs officers are FAR more hostile than American ones.
That's an interesting observation. I've found the Canadians to be pretty hospitable and polite, whereas the Americans to be 50% rude pricks. I wonder if it's a mindset, on both sides, to be nice to guests but keep the natives in line?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #44
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Could be, although I'm sort of a native of both countries. Canadians despise those of us who take dual citizenship, though, so that brings crud down on our heads with anyone who knows. The woman/guy in the booth is never impressed when I hand over a US passport that says I was born in Canada.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #45
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Could be, although I'm sort of a native of both countries. Canadians despise those of us who take dual citizenship, though, so that brings crud down on our heads with anyone who knows. The woman/guy in the booth is never impressed when I hand over a US passport that says I was born in Canada.
like Ted Cruz