The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #76
Molasar
Part-time superhero (off shift right now, leave a message)

Location: Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I knew a guy in college named Ophir. That wasn't what he went by though....
what? you mean if he didn't go by Ophir he went by car or by bus or something?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #77
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

He liked escargot.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #78
glatt

Look at that "S" car go!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #79
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Do you think I'd get sick from eating fuzzed-ridden corn? I was sooo hungry and half a sandwich just didn't do it for me. I raided the fridge and found some corn. It tasted a little funky, so I looked at it closer. Hmmm....some white fuzz. My mom would kill me if I throw away food, especially good food since she won't be able to see the fuzz without her glasses and she refuses to wear her glasses unless she's reading. I washed it real good and ate it. But hey, it killed my appetite and I stopped eating. :-D
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #80
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Eating healthy sucks....a total BLAH!!!! I'd rather have some pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Instead, here I am with a bowl of oatmeal.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #81
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Heh... Everyone's definition of "healthy" is so different... In my house, eating eggs and sugar-free bacon would be considered far healthier than a bowl of oatmeal. You're right to get rid of the pancakes, but you're just subbing in a slightly more complex carb with the oatmeal. Not nearly as important as getting protein, first thing in the morning.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #82
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Heh... Everyone's definition of "healthy" is so different... ..... Not nearly as important as getting protein, first thing in the morning.
That is true, hehe. And I do know about protein in the morning. However, I needed a quick breakfast, so I can get to work. And I need to lower my cholesterol. Does eating oatmeal everyday help? I hope so. I'm trying to eat it once a day in hope to bring down the number. Anyways, Clod, how do you make oatmeal at your house? I made mine with milk, a dash of cinnamon, a drizzle of honey, and some dried prune bits. Not exactly low in calorie, but I don't think it's unhealthy either.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #83
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We don't do oatmeal at all. For one, it's a grain, but even before we were grain-free, it's almost impossible to get oats that are not contaminated with gluten, so we didn't do them when we were just gluten-free either. And before THAT... well, I don't actually like oatmeal, so I never ate it.

Studies have shown that eating oatmeal every day can help lower cholesterol, but I personally think that's only because the people eating it were replacing the even worse carbs that they normally ate for breakfast. I think a person who normally ate eggs and fruit for breakfast would not see any improvement in their cholesterol by switching to oatmeal.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #84
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I did a bowl of oatmeal once. But, I didn't wait for it to cool down enough, and so I blistered my junk.

It felt real good for a minute, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #85
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I wonder how much of America's "golden age" (the 1950s) was do to the reduction in world population from WWII. There would be less competition for scarce resources, and more competition for labor.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #86
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I did a bowl of oatmeal once. But, I didn't wait for it to cool down enough, and so I blistered my junk.

It felt real good for a minute, though.

I had to read this a few times to understand how eating a bowl of really hot oatmeal blistered your junk.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #87
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
We don't do oatmeal at all. For one, it's a grain, but even before we were grain-free, it's almost impossible to get oats that are not contaminated with gluten, so we didn't do them when we were just gluten-free either. And before THAT... well, I don't actually like oatmeal, so I never ate it.

Studies have shown that eating oatmeal every day can help lower cholesterol, but I personally think that's only because the people eating it were replacing the even worse carbs that they normally ate for breakfast. I think a person who normally ate eggs and fruit for breakfast would not see any improvement in their cholesterol by switching to oatmeal.
That's right, I forgot your household is gluten-free. I had temporary memory loss there because every time I go to HEB, I would pass this long section on the back wall of gluten-free products and think of you.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #88
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Check out pcrm.org for some good information on whole grains. Oatmeal is a good thing, at least the truly whole-grain type - not the 'instant' packets, the type that takes some cooking.

The best, most reliable way to bring your cholesterol, and every other parameter, down into the healthy range, is to eat a whole-foods plant-based diet. The studies are consistent. And protein is present in every single food (whole food, that is) we eat. Meat isn't 'pure protein'; it's perhaps 17% at most. Mammals don't do well on high protein diets; see T. Colin Campbell's work, and see the more recent research on animal vs plant protein in Levine ME et al, Cell Metabolism 2014; 19(3):407-417. Even the higher protein recommended for those over 65 was not animal protein; just a slightly higher protein intake.

We've been brainwashed so long by Big Food/Ag that we NEED tons of animal protein that we've stopped challenging the ads. Got milk? You don't need it. Got meat? You don't need it, either.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #89
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Feeling insecure sucks. It truly sucks. That's what on my mind at the moment. Okay, bye.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #90
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

How come I only see karma happening to me and not on other bad people?? :the pain: Okay, maybe some get it too but I don't see it. Anyways....