Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 03-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
Silent
Romanes Eunt Domus

Todd Bertuzzi

How long will he get suspended for?

How long should he get suspended for?

My guess is he'll get 25 games (regular season and playoff).

I'm betwixed and betweened about how long. I haven't seen much footage of him falling on top of Moore. Did he drive him into the ice on purpose?
Silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:04 PM   #2
nekee
naughty nurse

Oh yeah it was so intentional, it looks like he actually drove his elbow into the back of his head first then when they went down he kept his arm on the back of his head even when it was hitting the ice. OUCH!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

And it didn't help that several other players piled on top of the two (defending their teamates, not to create further injury).

Sheesh, normally, hockey fights are humorous to me (how can you land a good punch on an unsteady surface??), but after seeing that particular clip...whew! And to have done that in retaliation is just plain stupid.

Heaven help him if Steve Moore is hurt permanently.

Hockey Hit Culprit Done For Year

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
Cam
dripping with ignorance

He's actually just done for the season, which is hardly any time(12 games) at all. I feel he should be suspended for the rest of this season, the playoffs, and next years entire season and playoffs. Something like that deserves a major punishment to send a wake up call to the players that excessive violence will not be tolerated.

Last edited by Cam; 03-11-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #5
aerion_13
tennis enthusiast

Will any other player get the hint! I know there's alot of testosterone flowing when playing ice hockey, but they got to get a grip! Breaking someone's neck is not part of sports!
aerion_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Silent
Romanes Eunt Domus

He is suspended for the rest of this year, regular season and playoffs.

Plus, he will have to apply for reinstatement next year so additionnal time could be added.

An additional blow is that he will now be ineligible to play for Canada at the World Cup in Sept.

Pretty fair, all in all, I think.

Stupid instigater rule. If the players had been allowed to settle this at the time instead of letting it stew for weeks this may not have happened. Some one would have tried to feed Moore his teeth at that time without worrying about being suspended afterwords or penalizing his team. Imo.
Silent is offline   Reply With Quote