The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #31
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Tcha.
I'm an old fashioned Search kinda gal.

(probably why I needed help in the first place)
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Davy Jones. OMG.
Sadness.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Davy Jones. OMG.
Sadness.
NO!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #34
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Yep. He's deader n' hell. Heart attack.

Probably a druggie who deserved to die.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Aw, shit, man!

Momdigr loved her some Monkees...

So long, Davy.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #36
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Probably a druggie who deserved to die.
Doubt it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #37
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Doubt it.
Yeah, SARCASM.

Who would get all judgmental about a Monkee? Not me. I liked him.

Funny how shitty people can be when one person dies and how all kind and caring they are when someone else dies, depending on public opinion.

Just my humble non-public opinion.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Maurice André
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #39
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I liked Davy Jones, but love Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork. To this day I go back and forth on who I love better. Never cared for Mickey Dolenz, though.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
I liked Davy Jones, but love Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork. To this day I go back and forth on who I love better. Never cared for Mickey Dolenz, though.
Funny, you think of Davy as the lead singer, but Mickey sang some of their biggest hits.

BTW, the writers of their show were definitely on acid.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Funny, you think of Davy as the lead singer, but Mickey sang some of their biggest hits.
Looked like it, anyway (mainly first season/first album stuff).

Quote:
BTW, the writers of their show were definitely on acid.
The show was merely wacky. The acid-soaked Monkees made the movie, Head.

"I'll have a glass of cold gravy with a hair in it, please."

Gotta be acid.

Or Jack Nicholson's influence.

Or both.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #42
Lamplighter

Berlin (CNN) -- Former Nazi death camp guard and onetime Ohio autoworker John Demjanjuk
[Ivan the Terrible] has died in Germany, a police spokesman said Saturday.

He was found guilty in the U.S., in Israel, and in Germany,
but died in a German home awaiting appeal of his conviction.

So much for swift justice...
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #43
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
So much for swift justice...
He lived in torment with the possibility of death hanging over him.
Appropriate.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #44
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Steve Bridges

Name:  bushnotbush.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  31.7 KB

from AP via Yahoo!TV

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Impressionist Steve Bridges, who used prosthetics and wigs to turn into presidents and laughs to make a living, was found dead at his home, his manager said Monday. He was 48.

Bridges returned from China on Feb. 23 and complained to friends of "super jet lag," manager Randy Nolen said.

Bridges' maid found the comic dead about 9:30 a.m. Saturday in his Los Angeles home, Nolen said.

It appeared that he died of natural causes, but an autopsy will be conducted, said Craig Harvey, chief of operations for the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

Bridges' George W. Bush impression made him a regular on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and earned him an invitation to the White House in 2003.

In 2006, Bridges joined Bush in a comic routine at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, D.C., and at a Ford's Theatre benefit.

Nolen said Bush called Bridges' brother, Phillip, on Monday and offered condolences.

"Steve was not only a funny man, but a kind and decent human being. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his parents, his siblings, and his entire family," Bush told The Associated Press through spokesman Freddy Ford.

"We had a great 10-year run," Nolen said. "He went to the White House, the Oval Office, toured with Barbra Streisand and was a regular on the 'Tonight Show' for almost eight years."

Bridges became Barack Obama, Bill Clinton or Bush for his most popular shows.

The makeup and prosthetics used for Bush and Clinton were designed by Kevin Haney, who won an Academy Award for aging Dan Aykroyd in "Driving Miss Daisy." Obama was done by Kazu Tsuji, who designed Jim Carrey's Grinch in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

Mari Enyart was Bridges' makeup artist.

"From the neck up, everything but his teeth was covered in a prosthetic piece of some sort," Nolen said about the impersonations of presidents. "It was as extensive, as good and as complicated as anything you would see in a motion picture."

It took nearly four hours to apply the Obama makeup and nearly three hours to do Bush and Clinton. Close attention was paid to age marks and freckles on his hands because they were so visible, especially if a skit was being filmed.

Bridges had been scheduled to do three free shows on March 13, 14 and 15 for the Indian Wells Rotary Club to help raise money for students who wanted to go to college. Because of the time it took to get ready, he was going to be a different president each night.

Sometimes, Bridges would do shows without makeup that were titled "Steve As Steve" and showcased his 200 voices — from Bill O'Reilly to Rush Limbaugh to Tom Brokaw and all the presidents from Kennedy to Obama, Nolen said.

Born in Dallas, Bridges loved football and was a big Cowboys fan.

"He was courteous, kind, soft-spoken, reserved and respectful. He loved being on stage. He was a master at ad-libbing and improv comedy," Nolen said.

Bridges is survived by his parents, Thomas and Margaret Bridges, brothers Phillip and Jon, and sister Elizabeth Bridges.

A service will likely be held in the next few days near the family's Northern California home, with a memorial service to follow in Los Angeles.
Name:  bushnotbush2.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  47.0 KB

Old 03-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #45
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Jocky Wilson. Immortalised here.

Jocky Wilson was a professional darts player.
Dexy's Midnight Runners had a hit with Jackie Wilson Said.
In the background, one of the screens is showing a photo of Jocky Wilson. In pre-internet (almost pre-video times!) it was a legendary blooper. Sometimes a mistake or misunderstanding, sometimes a prank and sometimes two fingers up at a band who took themselves too seriously.

None of the above.
It was a joke on the part of the band.

RIP John "Jocky" Wilson, died aged 62.

Tags
bought the farm, dead not loved, famous corpses, karked it, kicked the bucket, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, roadkill, sleeps with the fishes, taking a dirt nap, the dead zone, worm food