The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #16
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I know, I'm like, I felt I couldn't leave the link because we don't know how legit it may or may not be.

Which goes back to the first link idea - we know things are more likely to be legit when we post them, because we know each other, and we can ask - why did you post this, how connected are you to the situation, did you look into it, etc. etc.

But from some anonymous poster, we don't know what it is, exactly... it may secretly be a competitor, trying to ruin someone's business. Or someone trying to have us vote for someone in order to change the power structure of the West, etc. etc.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #17
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
it may secretly be a competitor, trying to ruin someone's business.
I thought of this too.

We are being used, but are also getting something out of it. We got to see shitty yacht pictures. We don't know whose yacht it is, or who built it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:04 AM   #18
glatt

And you did leave the link in the reputation manager's letter. I assume that was intentional.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
...it may secretly be a competitor, trying to ruin someone's business.
Can you imagine the evil-genius hand-rubbing that would go into this kind of move? (Not at all suggesting it couldn't be done, just playing with the logistics...) First, you'd have to tell your boat-builders, "I need you to build one ShitYacht, from scratch, and do everything--and I mean everything--as badly as possible." There's over a hundred photos at the Site Which Shall Not Be Named; you'd probably have to sit there and brainstorm extra ways to fuck it up before you started. Then when it was finished, you'd have to sail it over to the competitor's dock under some pretense so you could get their shipyard in the background of the exterior shots.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #20
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I wonder, at any time, would this company be able to legally demand that you remove it and sue you if you don't? So far its just a friendly request.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
And you did leave the link in the reputation manager's letter. I assume that was intentional.
for now so we can see what the objection is

Quote:
Can you imagine the evil-genius hand-rubbing that would go into this kind of move?
S'true! But competition is just one of the possibilities... we can't envision and rule in/out all the possible scenarios... I know I'm not smart enough to do that

Quote:
I wonder, at any time, would this company be able to legally demand that you remove it and sue you if you don't?
They can demand, in a legalish sort of way... that is, they can have lawyers draw up letters, even if nothing is legally binding! If they made such a demand of me, I would just pee on it and return it.

And anybody is permitted to sue anyone at any time, it's just how quickly the lawsuit is tossed out if it is illegitimate. In order for that to happen, the price of using a lawyer to make it official has to be worth their time.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I hope you people realize the stress on UT, being the king of an ORG dynasty, and appreciate what he suffers to maintain the Cellar as your playground.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
...and appreciate what he suffers to maintain the Cellar as your playground.
I certainly do, Stanley, I certainly do.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote