The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Why does Spiderman hate Christmas?

My kitteh, Spiderman, is destroying my Christmas tree. Every morning she climbs it and bats at precious and rare ornaments gotten in magical and exotic places like Gatlinburg and Chautauqua and Frankenmuth. I'll NEVER get back to those places and these are genuine GLASS ornaments we're talking here!

Instead of punishing her I am going to attempt to FIGURE OUT HER MINDSET and why she hates the birthday of Baby Jebus.

It could be that she's a heathen - but I thought heathens were cool with other gods? your advice, as always, is welcome.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I do the same thing. My reason? It's fun. Try distracting Spidey with liquor and sex.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

When I got my kittens I just didn't put up my ornaments.
(Put the rare ones on display in a safe place and just leave the lights on the tree plain? with maybe some wood bead garland or something?)
It was much easier than learning kitty speak.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hello... it's a cat, that's how they roll. Nothing left unmolested, is their motto, creed, and life long quest.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
.. Nothing left unmolested, is their motto, creed, and life long quest.
also the creed of the Hell's Angels.

interesting. maybe spidey is a biker..?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, she hasn't shoved the tree over yet? You're lucky.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
So, she hasn't shoved the tree over yet? You're lucky.
She's still quite little - only weighs a few ounces! well, maybe a pound.

—James Barrie

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

wow a pound...how cute. The perfect size for tree climbing.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

yeh - After a few episodes years ago...My tree is now firmly secured to the wall. I have a herd at my house. You gotta see it from her perspective - all those flashy bright shiny things . . . MUST TOUCH!

I put the better ones up outta reach and got some cheaper plastic ones for the bottom - no harm there.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #10
Juniper
I know, right?

Maybe she's pissed at you for naming HER after a MALE comic book creature. Jeez, cats have dignity after all!

But seriously, I would not DREAM of putting glass ornaments on a tree with a cat in the house. And since we've always had cats, we have zero glass ornaments.

Or glass drinking glasses, or anything else breakable in the house, for that matter. We do have a few, though, and GUESS WHAT? One of the cats broke a glass last night while we were sleeping! Some fool left it sitting on the coffee table.

Anyway . . . hubby's and my first Christmas together we had two really wild kittens. They knocked the tree over multiple times, till we finally TIED it to the ceiling (drop ceiling w/tracks) and adjacent curtain rod. That worked, but they still tried their best and it looked really wonky after a couple days.

Good luck.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Diz thinks everything in the world is a cat-toy.
And everything I do is for his entertainment.

If you really want to traib your cat, your best bet is an eagle eye (metaphor) and a water pistol within reach. Shoot your kitteh every time she transgresses and she will learn it's not worth it.

Personally, I'd just put the precious things on display somewhere more secure. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
jinx
Come on, cat.

When the kids were little, we kept the glass ornaments towards the top of the tree. I've never made concessions for the cats though, I mean really, just tell them "no".
Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

She's named Spiderman because she is very progressive - she is not stuck in any one gender role. She feels free to explore her masculine side, as it 'twere.

I will just take the glass ornaments off now -- she is able to climb to the very tip top of the tree. I feel very mean-y if I squirt her with a water bottle. She IS an orphan, after all. No mommy! (that's why she sucks on my earlobe)

Just a funny little kitteh.

—James Barrie

Old 12-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I feel very mean-y if I squirt her with a water bottle.
Tough love, baby. Remember she won't be 1lb forever.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
SamIam

Well, Flicker, my kitty at large, has been pretty good at leaving the tree alone. Even a month ago this would have been impossible. I use an industrial size plant mister. What with all those baptisms, Flicker and the Christ child have adopted an uneasy truce.

The main problem stems from the era thousands of eons ago when cats were worshiped as gods. You can inagine what a come-down that must have been. One day eating the equivlent of Tinbuktu Fancy Feast, and the nexr fighting rats the size of small children over the leavings at the city dump.

You can see where cats are pissed off big time. If the only thng they do is break a few baubles, you are fortunate. Did I tell you about the 5 cats that ate a mother, father, 3 children, and Uncle Barnie for dinner?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote