The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #151
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I saw one on Top Gear the other night. James May and the short one were racing a Panamera against a post card mailed from Cornwall to the Orkneys via the Royal Mail, overnight delivery.

They lost.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #152
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

...and Glatt gets 15 points, with 3 points deducted for derogatory wordplay, for a total of 12 extra points.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #153
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wait, what? What do I get for not kicking it out of bed for eating crackers?

As for me, it was the back end that made it unmistakably Porsche. I think it's an ugly back end, but recognizable.

Make of that what you will. I still wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #154
glatt

I never said I would kick it out of bed. It's just a little silly for a Porsche. Nowhere near as bad as that horrible Cayanne, which is useful for getting the kids to soccer practice at 80 mph through suburban neighborhoods.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #155
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Nowhere near as bad as that horrible Cayanne, which is useful for getting the kids to soccer practice at 80 mph through suburban neighborhoods.
glatt, your clubs won't fit in your Lambo, and you have to borrow your trophy wife's wheels to play golf at "the" club. You'd be the laughing stock of the 19th hole showing up in a minivan or domestic SUV.

If you can afford that Cayanne without selling a child, there's a good chance you are very class conscience. You also know any sign of status drop will cause your peers to go for the throat.

Not to be confused with the Cayman, which struck me as attractive. Looks like a toad.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #156
orthodoc

I've ridden in a Cayenne, which outperforms the Cayman - but still struck me as the poor cousin of the BMW X5. Although I admit the Cayman is attractive. The toad thing adds to its charm.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #157
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
I've ridden in a Cayenne, which outperforms the Cayman - but still struck me as the poor cousin of the BMW X5.
I don't think so, the Cayman gives up about 25 horsepower to the Cayenne, (although the Cayman S has 25 more than the Cayenne) but the Cayenne is 1400 lbs heavier.

That's why the Cayman can do a 5.4 0-to-60 and 165 mph, (4.7 and 175 for the S), opposed to the Cayenne's 7.1 sec and 142 mph.
Quote:
Although I admit the Cayman is attractive. The toad thing adds to its charm.
Oh yes, I'm not a Porsche fan, nor sports cars in general, but took a liking to the toad style right away.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #158
orthodoc

I admit, the BMW X5 is heavy and has a 7 sec 0-60 and a limited top speed. Since no eastern US highway permits anything close to its top speed, that's a non-issue. The X5 has reasonable cargo volume and is quick enough to leave the fastest pickup in the dust, which is all that's required in Pennsyltucky.

What I'd really love would be a vehicle that could go off-road across my property in the event of snowstorms and get me to sources of food and sand ... and also let me leave the bad boys sucking dust.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #159
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In fact I don't know of any road around here where you can do 142 and expect to not get arrested.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #160
orthodoc

What I really need is my 2005 Toyota 4Runner back ... that was my baby. I drove her all over our property and down our front field when we were snowed in ... but now she's out in Colorado. The only way I'll get her back is to buy something else for my daughter and drive her back east. That would be an interesting drive.

I may still do that.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #161
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:

What I'd really love would be a vehicle that could go off-road across my property in the event of snowstorms and get me to sources of food and sand ... and also let me leave the bad boys sucking dust.
It's got a hemi.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #162
orthodoc

Jim ... what is this bad boy/girl?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #163
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I admit, the BMW X5 is heavy and has a 7 sec 0-60 and a limited top speed.
Whoa whoa whoa, I said absolutely nothing about any BMW, I was disputing your claim that the Cayenne outperforms the Cayman. It does not.

Quote:
Since no eastern US highway permits anything close to its top speed, that's a non-issue.
What you mean is, it goes fast enough for your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
In fact I don't know of any road around here where you can do 142 and expect to not get arrested.
I do and have.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #164
glatt

There are short stretches of road in between jurisdictions that have virtually no enforcement because there is nowhere for a cop to hide, and each jurisdiction just doesn't care. To patrol that area would take them out into the other jurisdiction where they would have to turn around and come back.

The 2 mile long bridge (and associated access ramps) between Lewiston and Aurburn ME is an example. I was in a 944 that got up to 120 or so in that two mile stretch. Never seen a cop on that stretch of road.

If you watch Seinfield's Comedians in Cars getting Coffee, he often gets on a bridge or something in NYC and opens the throttle. No shoulders. No cops. Speed cameras are always a threat though, in the cities.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #165
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Jim ... what is this bad boy/girl?
Thats my Commander. 2006... Limited with the 5.7 Liter Hemi (350 ci).

11.4 mpg..... yeah. Not so great on gas, but when you put the pedal down, your neck muscles get a work out.

I lifted it 2", put 1.25" wheel spacers on each side, replaced the mushy factory shocks with high pressure Bilstiens, and put 31" Nitto Dura Grappler tires on the American Racing 'Fuel' rims. It used to have BF Goodrich Mud Terrains, but they were so loud, I couldn't hear my radio with the windows down.

It has heated leather seats, navigation, dvd player, automatic rain sense wipers, etc. All the buttons to push.

You can drive it through or over anything. Jeep only puts the Trail Rated badge on cars that can do the Rubucon trail in Stock set up. And even though its 5200 lbs, it gets to 60 in 7 seconds. 330 hp, 375 lbs ft of torque.

I love it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote