The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Customer Service?

Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this. Read from the bottom up.

Quote:
Hi Trish,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will forward it our customer service team as feedback.

Regards,

Chetan Laheri | Spare Part Dept
Technika Pty Ltd

77 Fillo Drive Somerton Vic 3062

Tel: +613 9948 4535 | Fax +613 9948 4546

claheri@technika.com.au | www.technika.com.au

Email signature logo

Please Note:

ð Pick up Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.00pm.

ð Quote valid for 7days only.

Caution - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Technika Pty Ltd. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Technika Pty Ltd.

From: McPhee Consulting [mailto:mcpheecompany@bigpond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 May 2014 9:16 AM
To: Chetan Laheri
Subject: Re: Bellissimo upright dual fuel

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your response. I think I will make do with what I have. Those prices are ridiculous if I can say so without being offensive.

I suggest your company needs to improve the ability to clean your product thoroughly without removing the paint so that your clients are not required to pay such exorbitant prices for new knobs.

You can consider this email as a message for your customer satisfaction team. Result? Unsatisfied.

Thanks,

Trish.

Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:06 AM

To: mcpheecompany@bigpond.com

Subject: RE: Bellissimo upright dual fuel

Hi Trish,

Not all black knobs are available.

Replacement White Knob and Black Collar Ring are available to suite this model. Please see attached picture.

Gas Knob White

Part: W91203

Price: $29.41 incl each

In stock.

Gas Knob Collar Ring Black

Part: W91198

Price: $44.05 incl each

In stock.

Oven Knob White

Part: W91202

Price: $29.41 incl each

In stock.

Temp Knob Collar Ring Black

Part: W91204

Price: $44.05 incl

In stock.

Function Knob Collar Ring Black

Part: W91199

In stock.

Timer Knob Collar Ring Black

Part: W91200

In stock.

The symbols on control panel are printed on panel and not available as a sticker. In order to get the symbols, you will need to purchase control panel and get a certified technician to install it.

Control Panel

Part: W90383

Price: $234.75 incl

In stock.

Oven Lamp (You can also go to any local lighting shop to purchase Oven Globe Specs: 25W E14 SES 300C Heat Resistant)

Part: 945571

Price: $23.66 incl

In stock.

There is $20 Delivery charge.

Regards,

Chetan Laheri | Spare Part Dept
Technika Pty Ltd

77 Fillo Drive Somerton Vic 3062

Tel: +613 9948 4535 | Fax +613 9948 4546

claheri@technika.com.au | www.technika.com.au

Email signature logo

Please Note:

ð Pick up Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.00pm.

ð Quote valid for 7days only.

Caution - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Technika Pty Ltd. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Technika Pty Ltd.

From: McPhee Consulting [mailto:mcpheecompany@bigpond.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 May 2014 1:22 PM
To: Spares Email
Subject: Bellissimo upright dual fuel

Hi,

All the writing has worn off the knobs on my cooktop and the light has blown in the oven.

The model I have was in the house when we bought it. We have been here for six years. I am including a picture of the stove with this email.

I am hoping you can supply new knobs and oven light and I’m also wondering if you can supply new stickers to indicate which burner belongs to which knob as the paint has been scrubbed off. (yes, I cook a lot and my stove gets cleaned a lot.)

Thanks for your help.

Trish.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

What were you hoping for? the thing is over six years old and you weren't the original purchaser. TBH, to me your email reads like you were after freebies, perhaps they felt that too? :/

If you really want replacement parts, at least now you have the part numbers to source them elsewhere. Originals from the manufacturer -particularly for old models- are always expensive. OK, those prices are nuts compared to the cost of a new stove, but it's not in their interest to prevent you buying a new stove. Plus they have to catalog and store those parts for six years+....

/2c
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Aliantha

I was hoping for a reasonable price. $40 for a plastic knob is not reasonable. Maybe somewhere between $5-$10 might have been ok. Those parts cost literally cents to make. That's a fact.

The thing I am annoyed about is that spare parts industries across the board think it's ok to inflate prices well beyond what is considered a reasonable mark up for most other trade industries.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Their prices for incorrect substitute parts sounds pretty high... plus $20 shipping. You might check a couple independent appliance repair shops, if you have such critters, to see what they can do.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Aliantha

Yeah, i will do that bruce. In the mean time, i will just guess.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #6
glatt

Yeah. Spare parts have always been expensive, but buying from the manufacturer will have you always paying top dollar. I bought a new dryer motor from Sears to fix our Sears dryer, and then I later saw it on Amazon for half that price. I was kicking myself for not shopping around, but we had loads and loads of laundry piling up and not much time.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
gvidas
Hoodoo Guru

I'm a little surprised the manufacturer was even willing to sell direct to a consumer.

Around here, you'll find that the places which have (or can order) parts for home appliances are hard to find, and very unreceptive to selling to the public. When they do, it's at ridiculous prices. Licensed tradesmen get a much better rate. By inflating their prices, they're encouraging you to pay someone to fix it, or to just buy a new stove.

That said, knobs are usually designed to fit a few different standard shafts. Which means stove knobs of a given era are probably interchangeable. So, potentially you could just find a similar stove in a junk store (or a bin of knobs) and find what you need. Or a generic knob online.

Or pick up some good oil enamel, clean the surface well with rubbing alcohol, and add whatever indicators you need.
gvidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvidas
Around here, you'll find that the places which have (or can order) parts for home appliances are hard to find, and very unreceptive to selling to the public. When they do, it's at ridiculous prices. Licensed tradesmen get a much better rate. By inflating their prices, they're encouraging you to pay someone to fix it, or to just buy a new stove.
It's more than that. Whether you are considered a "wholesaler" or a "retailer" will dramatically affect your corporate taxes. Companies have a huge incentive to remain strictly wholesale and sell only to other businesses, if they can manage it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote