The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 08-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #706
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i'm thinking a fire hose initially then a vvvveeeeery long soak in a tub of something....???
Old 08-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #707
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

[from the article]...."no actions were taken"....
WTF? On WHO?
they HAD to dismantle this wreck, retrieve the victims, and reassemble it. Just a guess. Hell of a stench, had they not....... this is borderline revolting. Imagine this scenario before the clean-up. No....don't.

Last edited by capnhowdy; 08-03-2005 at 06:55 PM.
capnhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #708
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Just to play devil's advocate:

The motorcycle rider easily could have fallen off before impact, or been flung over the roof of the car.

The driver-side door is completely gone, so it's quite conceivable the driver of the car was thrown free as well.

I'm sure they both died, but not necessarily inside the vehicle.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:57 AM   #709
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

..yeah but look at the drivers seat in the one pic..the top half of the seat is crushed through the opening where the drivers door used to be..All i have to say is OUCH
bigw00dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #710
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Just to play devil's advocate:

The motorcycle rider easily could have fallen off before impact, or been flung over the roof of the car.

The driver-side door is completely gone, so it's quite conceivable the driver of the car was thrown free as well.

I'm sure they both died, but not necessarily inside the vehicle.
Interesting speculation, but actually reading the information at the link tells us that "The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them."
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #711
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

They would have had to remove the motorcycle in order to remove the passenger (and the rider) because the passenger would either be under it or in the back seat between what is left of the passenger door and what is left of the front of the motorcycle. They may have removed the cycle and then replaced it after cleaning. There are companies that exist that specialize in the cleanup of bio materials. They find themselves on the scene of murders and acccidents such as this. When the dude accross the street from us killed himself in his house (then sat there for almost two weeks before anyone reported him missing), one of these companies showed up with a collection of chemicals designed to breakdown biomaterials such as blood and other oozey bodily fluids.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #712
mrnoodle
bent

warning: graphic description.

Having seen the results of a very high-speed collision in the early 90s, my guess is that the damage to the victims was severe enough to allow cleaning of the interior with a hose. It's basically the same thing that happens to a bug on your windshield. There are a few larger pieces, but the majority is reduced to red jelly.

The incident I'm referring to was a head-on collision between a drunk driver going 100+ m.p.h. in a T-bird and a couple in a Nissan or some such. He hit the couple (and their dog) head on and pushed them back into a big oak tree. The engine block of the T-bird was in the front seat of the Nissan. The paramedics found the male victim, who was obliterated from the torso down. However, they didn't know there was a female victim until an hour or two later, when one of the cops saw a couple strands of long blond hair poking from the place where the dashboard had met the (back) seat.

People should be more careful in their cars. You get a really false sense of security from things like seatbelts and doors and such. Your body isn't made for impact with things harder than you.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #713
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
It's basically the same thing that happens to a bug on your windshield. There are a few larger pieces, but the majority is reduced to red jelly.
True. We tend to forget just how fragile the human body is especially when it comes up against heavy fast moving solid objects. I had a friend that I used to go duck hunting with. About a year ago he was driving his two sons to school eastbound on I-10 in the morning. Traffic stopped, he stopped, the semi behind him going 60 mph didn't and pushed his full sized Chevy duel cab pickup into the semi in front of him consequently depatitating him and obliterating his 9 year old son who was sitting in the back seat just behind him. They barley found enough of the kid to make a positive DNA ID. BTW, his 17 year old son was sitting in the front passenger seat and was left unscratched and very much counscious. He had to sit in the wreck of the truck next to his father for about 30 minutes until fire crews could cut him free.

Scares me to death and I ain't afraid of nuthin'.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #714
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

On a website, somewhere in 'Netland, I recently saw some photos of the aftermath of a 150 mph collision of bike vs tree. Tree 1, Bike 0...

The rider was literally torn into *pieces*. The only thing that really held those pieces in any semblance of together were his clothes. Very nasty pics.

In looking again at the carbike pics, I do think that the passengers in the front seats of the car were probably blown completely out of the vehicle, probably at such a velocity that their various parts had little chance to stick to anything. I would not have liked to have seen the drivers side pavement outside of that car afterward. It probably looked like a chunky paint balloon had hit and splashed away from the car.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #715
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Mrs. Dar worked in an ER admitting room during high-school. One night they brought in a motorcyclist who had been going too fast on a rainy night. You know how in cartoons Wily Coyote, for instance, runs into a cactus or something face-first with left arm and leg on one side, right arm and leg on the other and face planted in the cactus? That's basically what this guy did with a telephone pole.

My wife was called in to help cut the guy's clothes off. She had to ask what the soccer-ball sized thing was in the guy's lap. The doctors told her it was the guy's scrotum that had swelled up from the injury. In a way, I suppose it was merciful that the guy never came out of the coma.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #716
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

the birds and the trees??

Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #717
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

oooooh i get it now....

Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #718
superbaton
The Cellar team

Last edited by superbaton; 08-04-2006 at 02:32 AM.
superbaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #719
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Was this monster caught by noodling?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #720
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

You show me a guy with nuts big enough to noodle a fish that weighs more than he does and I'll show you a guy destined to live a short exciting life.

Tags
humor