The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #931
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Fuck me, V, I soooo relate to that. Every so often I feel compelled to go and check in with people, but within a few visits I've had a bellyfull and don't go back for ages.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #932
DanaC

What's scorching my groove today: stupid shit that really shouldn't be scorching my groove. Stuff that I know isn't personal but somehow, inexplicably, still feels like that way. Along with other random nonsense.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #933
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Ugh... bless his heart, but my dad is an idiot.

He has never held a garage sale in his life, and apparently assumed that everything would be magically sold at the end of the day. So he casually mentions to me at 9:00 this morning that he told the new owner she could move in first thing tomorrow, since of course we'd be completely out by then.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU---

I call the realtor to get the new owner's number.
I call the new owner and she says yes, she was indeed planning on starting tomorrow. I warn her that all is not in fact well, but I will do my best. She allows that we could maybe leave a few pieces in the garage for a few days, but, you know, she wouldn't prefer it.

I call a half dozen consignment stores.
I take pictures of the furniture that I assume at this point will not sell, which is quite a lot of it.
I email said pictures to said consignment stores.

I call half a dozen moving companies, but the earliest any of them can come pick up this crap is 9:30 tomorrow morning.

I begin getting replies from consignment stores, all saying they are not interested in the furniture at all.
Finally, I get a lucky break and the last one says they'll take it.

I say I will have a moving company bring it tomorrow morning.
Oh no, they say, they won't have space in the warehouse for another week and a half.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU---

My 60+ year old mother and I move all the furniture into the garage by ourselves. My brother arrives just in time to see us finish. We load all three cars to the brim with little stuff, and caravan to Goodwill.

But there are still several huge containers of trash and recycling, and my dad's utility company is a bunch of Nazis who won't take anything more than your one allotted bin. So I realize I will have to go back to the house later tonight and load it all up in the minivan, because our garbagemen are nice and will take anything you put out.

But the good news:

1.) We will still be officially out of the house on the 31st, which was the contractual requirement, regardless of what my idiot dad told her. So no payment penalties.
2.) Mr. Clod offered to do the final trash run for me, since I had to do all the other work for this garage sale fiasco, and all he had to do was stay home and play videogames with the kids. So that was nice.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #934
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You need a drink.

I've learned that there are two categories of garage-salers.

Those who are having the garage sale to make more money.

and

Those who are having the garage sale to make more space.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #935
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh Clod, think of all the money you're saving, staying toned without paying for a gym.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #936
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

OK, life isn't difficult enough with the constant doctors appointments, dealing with school staff who no longer have a clue (since they let the one teacher who was awesome leave for another position at another school district) and simply enable the current situation instead of PUSHING for improvement and a whole host of a million little things that virtually no one else understands. sigh - anyway ...

Late last year I decided that we were going to try and reduce some of the meds that my son is on.
Called the endocrinologist who monitors his sodium levels among other things to discuss. I wanted to have some tests done to have a baseline of his status for future comparison. They refused to discuss over the phone - gotta see the patient in person BEFORE they'd order the tests.
So we make the appointment & go to the doc mid November. She says: Oh, we cannot support that decision (to reduce meds) without doing a host of blood & urine tests first. Grrrrrrrrrr - THATS WHAT I CALLED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE! (Bites tongue) Oooook! We leave unsatisfied and disgruntled AND had to pay a larger copay as his medicare no longer covers as much as it used to.
Call the testing facility & set the appointment for a few weeks out. I pull him out of school to go get the blood & urine work. Major hassles in communication, long lines & asst other BS till finally the blood is drawn. (higher copay here too) Call the doc back and schedule ANOTHER appointment. Nothing available till Feb. (WTF???)
Wait another three months and finally go see the doc again in March. Explain the entire situation all over again.
She says "I have never, in all my years (older woman) seen anyone successfully reduce their dosage ... blah blah blah..." I tuned her out at that point. WTFE lady. Left. Oh had to pay the increased copay AGAIN.
(Mentally added her to the list of medical professionals to prove wrong)
On the ride home I told him - We're gonna try something, you up for it? etc. Rinse repeat dozens of times over the next few days/week.
Finally, I think he's got it and he's on board. We had the tests done and have the baseline. It was a frikkin hassle, but we got the data we wanted.
I was to call in August for the 6 month appointment and followup.
I decided to call to today to get the doc to order the lab tests so that we could have them to discuss at our appt. in Sept. (seemed logical) Many hassles, spoke with three different people until I finally get the story. She is out for the month of July and is leaving the practice in August. WTF initially, then I thought 'great' we can have a more proactive and responsive doc ... maybe. Schedule an appointment with his NEW endocrinologist and ask about having new tests done so we can compare the data from Feb with the ones I'll have done in Aug. . . Looooong pause with papers shuffling. We have no record of any tests from Feb. We have something from April of 2011. Are you effing kidding me? She looks again. Sorry, no records here. At least we got the appt. set.
Call the lab (THE SAME LAB) to set an appt and to check on the ones from Feb. We have no lab work from Feb. We do have some from last Nov. though. WHAT??? We didn't have any lab work done in Nov. '11 WTF?
Long pause, put on hold. Blah blah blah. Look, just send EVERYTHING you have over the last three years to Doc X. Oh, sorry we cannot do that without the patient approval. Also, we don't save that info for that long.
I had to hang up the phone. I was this >< close to going ballistic.
I'll take a breath and reflect upon the hours wasted and try again tomorrow. Maybe the lab fairies will find the info by then.
My groove, it is officially scorched!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #937
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Our camping truck the Riverpig may be dead ,
Any body know any thing about Deisel engines , spec about piston rings ???
Old 07-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #938
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

My Hard Drive Took a Shit!!!

I just paid $395.00 for a new hard drive. I have been without a computer for a week. I had to go to the library to check my email and facebook I'm sorry I did not come here, but my time was limited.

This fucking mac has cost me over $500.00 in the last month First it was the fan, now the hard drive. I still like it better than any PC.

We did not try to save any thing from the old HD so I lost all my pictures. I just spent the last couple of hours loading all my software.

FUCKING MAC!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #939
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

$395 for a hard drive?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #940
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

classicman, you're a better man than I am.

I would have gone ballistic well before the bulk of that crap happened. YOU know more about your kid than they do, overall. And that absolutely counts. You might not know how to interpret his EEG, or his sodium levels, etc. Those things are important. Details like that are important. But no one else in the whole world knows your son like you do, not his mom, not himself, certainly not any of these doctors or technicians who specialize narrowly.

KEEP AT IT. You know this already of course. He's a lucky boy to have such a devoted and determined Dad.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #941
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

$249.00 For the hard drive, the rest was labor and tax.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #942
DanaC

God Classic, that's so frustrating.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #943
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman
Long pause, put on hold. Blah blah blah. Look, just send EVERYTHING you have over the last three years to Doc X. Oh, sorry we cannot do that without the patient approval. Also, we don't save that info for that long.
I'msorryexcuseme whatthefuck?

1.) Ain't no way that shit isn't digital. They have it. They most certainly do save it for liability reasons. It may be old enough that it's backed up on a drive somewhere off-site, but they definitely have it. Get Medicaid receipts to prove labs were paid for in Feb., and threaten to sue them for Medicaid fraud if they can't come up with the evidence that they actually did the tests they were paid for.

2.) Patient approval? WTF. You are the patient (his legal guardian, same diff.) You have a legal right to your own medical records. Nevermind sending them to the doctor, they have to give you copies of them if you demand them (though they may get to charge you an admin/copying fee.) Show up in their office and refuse to leave without them. And insist each time that you receive copies of all results from now on.

I'm so mad on your behalf I could spit.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #944
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Thanks V, that means a lot. You know me well enough... They are only 10 minutes away.
I was dressed and on my way there when I took pause and decided to let my emotional rage subside.

@Clod. I have about a 2 foot stack of medical papers, results and assorted crap. These are literally
the only results I don't have a copy of. They gave me a hassle about getting them back in Feb and Dan
needed to lie down. They were to mail them to me. My bad for not following up.
I needed copies of everything for the effin lawsuit from the little fuck who is suing him anyway.
(Hmm... maybe I gave them to his defense atty.)

Either way, I will be there tomorrow. I'll at least start in a better frame of mind. How things end - who knows.
Sigh - in the long run I'm doing whats best for him. He's down from 5 a day to two a day. Fuck it.
I guess if he gets the blood work done now and its OK, it really doesn't matter what the results were in Feb.
Still too pissed to start thinking about it again tonight. Its on the list for tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #945
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Probably wise of you to cool off before going in to confront them, but now that you have ... roast the suckers.

And what Clod said.