The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #886
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Oooops....here's cic!
http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=570476&postcount=4111
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #887
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

lol...do people always have to be 'run off'? Can't they just stop posting because they've got other things to do? Sometimes I see less of my real life friends because other shit gets in the way. Isn't it the same online?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #888
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I have no idea if most people here feel like this or will back their "friends" regardless of how stupid they're being (friends don't let friends drive drunk....). But that's how I see it.
If you don't see the difference between backing your friend's stupid argument that you don't personally agree with - and backing your friend against someone declaring them to be a bad person... meh. What's the point then?

Whether it's tiki or V or RichLevy or whatever person of the week who decides to shit all over my husband, point out how much they dislike him, or call him A BAD FUCKING PERSON - I'm done with it. No, Jim doesn't need anybody to back him up - he doesn't need to waste his time entertaining you fuckers who just take, take, take and take some more either.

You don't have to agree with your "friends" about everything - you also don't have to be condecending and shitty. You don't have to be constantly trying to score points. You don't have to take pride in not giving a shit about the words on the screen while patting yourself on the back for belonging to such a caring community.

Thank you Shawnee, for getting it. Not everyone wears their damage on their sleeves, but we're all human beings.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #889
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

It's only ever been a small handful of people who've taken that stance though Jinx. Most of the time they've got fairly short shrift from most of the rest of us when they've done so.

For the record, I miss you and Jim and hope that you can bring yourselves to be a part of this place still. We've allowed negative shit to fall all over something pretty cool. For my part in that I am sorry.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #890
jinx
Come on, cat.

Yeah, I accept that that's just my perspective Dana, and everyone will see it a little differently. I'm just trying to explain where my head was/is at.... explaining why I just didn't want to read anymore...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #891
DanaC

That's fair enough m'dear. Just be aware that you are valued here.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #892
monster
I hear them call the tide

jinx, I'm sorry, I just didn't read that thread, I had no idea what was going on until it was all done and dusted. And I still haven't really read it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #893
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
If you don't see the difference between backing your friend's stupid argument that you don't personally agree with - and backing your friend against someone declaring them to be a bad person... meh. What's the point then? .
I completely see the difference there. I'm not sure how you understood that I didn't. But just because you're my friend doesn't mean you can automatically expect backing when you're being an ass. And again I'm using the word "you" in the general sense, it was a general take on e-friendship.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #894
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
jinx, I'm sorry, I just didn't read that thread, I had no idea what was going on until it was all done and dusted. And I still haven't really read it.
Aw, you don't need to apologise, no one does. I was venting. It's not 1 thread, it's way more than that.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #895
DanaC

No, I think some apologies probably are due. I know I have a tendency to try for the peace process when dwellars clash. Occasionally I take my eye off the ball and am too concerned with that peace when, frankly, I should be moving to defend. It is not acceptable for a newcomer to shit all over a friend. Sometimes the meta picture is not as important as what's happening right now.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #896
Aliantha

Don't bite my head off for asking, but what exactly is it that's bothering him then? He had a run in with Tiki and he's upset that UT didn't come to his side and BigV pissed him off. Is that it, or can you elucidate a little more, because I am having a hard time figuring out what the problem is and if I am, then there's probably a number of others who are also.

Is it that he's feeling unappreciated?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #897
Aliantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
No, I think some apologies probably are due. I know I have a tendency to try for the peace process when dwellars clash. Occasionally I take my eye off the ball and am too concerned with that peace when, frankly, I should be moving to defend. It is not acceptable for a newcomer to shit all over a friend. Sometimes the meta picture is not as important as what's happening right now.
lol...Dana, do you realize you're doing exactly what Shawnee jumped all over you for? Trying to keep the peace.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #898
DanaC

Perhaps it was the unhelpful juxtaposition of a lack of dwellar unity with a clear case of PD unity.

[eta] @ Ali: *chuckles* yes and no. I am also copping to what she accused me of. She was right. The time for me to step in on that thread was when daffodil insulted her and accused her of something she wasn't guilty of, out of either ignorance of the wider picture, or a sense of loyalty to his/her friends.*

* I am not sure which.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #899
Aliantha

yep well, maybe that's the case.

With regard to that situation, it was clear from the outset that it would only end in tears.

People need to suck it up and learn from the mistake of invading another forum en masse. Of course there's going to be consequences. Did anyone think the people over there were going to just lay down and take it? I mean, come on. Seriously. Think about it.

eta: particularly when it was clear the forum being invaded was full of kooks and drama queens.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #900
DanaC

Well, in fairness, it didn't start as an invasion. It was a return safari.