The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 07-16-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

Question Does anyone know how to make a hyperlink?

Okay, I admit it. I suck at computer stuff. I'm trying to make a website where my family & friends can order jewelry from me and look at pictures of samples and stuff, and I have the homepage set up, but I don't know how to link from that page to the products page. The tutorial says I need to put in a hyperlink. What's a hyperlink?

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished, persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
-Mark Twain
Lunaephiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

This is the homepage. I'm not trying to advertise, I just thought it would be helpful.

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished, persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
-Mark Twain
Old 07-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

http://lunaephiliac.000freehosting.com/

-Mark Twain
Old 07-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaephiliac
That's a hyperlink.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

Oh. I feel really stupid now. But how do I put it in the site so that when you click on the button, it goes to the site?

-Mark Twain
Old 07-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

making progress...

Allright then. I found the little hyperlink button, and it's asking me for the url(i have that) the target page, and the anchor page. What are the last two?

-Mark Twain
Old 07-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
Lunaephiliac
Nice people frighten me.

okay, I figured it out. thank you!

-Mark Twain