The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-04-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
djacq75
Rational Anarchist

Jennifer Fichter case, Florida

Former Chicago police commander Jon Burge "gained notoriety for torturing more than 200 criminal suspects between 1972 and 1991 in order to force confessions." He was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison, and served 3.

Jennifer Fichter gave three 17-year-old boys orgasms and was sentenced to 22 years in prison. It's become a cliche across the political spectrum that "Prison is for people we are afraid of--not people we're mad at." Evidently that is not believed to be true in Central Florida.

The country does not deserve to survive if this sentence does--we should go ahead and rename ourselves "West Iran". It's not simply that the punishment does not fit the crime; it is that the punishment is more of a crime than the crime. Most of the country is justifiably pleased at the success of the movement for gay rights and marriage equality. Now it's time to fix the rest of our medieval sex laws. Please like and share this page.

http://www.facebook.com/free.jennifer
djacq75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:05 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

We are a beautiful mess.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh dear, how those 17 year old boys must have suffered.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Normally, I'm all about getting rid of archaic sexual prudishness. But this case has me a little more on the fence than usual, because it was never a case of true love, or even normal relationship levels of commitment. She repeatedly slept with many different students, the youngest being in 8th grade (that's 13-14 years old, for those overseas, while she was 28-30ish at the time.)

After the incident with the 8th grader, she resigned from that district, got a job with a new district, and was sleeping with another student within one month of starting her new job. This sentence was for 37 separate counts of sexual conduct with multiple minors, but she's still awaiting prosecution for additional acts with additional children in other counties.

A 25-year-old and a 17-year-old wanna go on dates and fuck each other? I say, have at it. But this is different.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Jail for sluts? Why not public flogging, or that dunking machine? If it affected their grades, drag out the guillotine!
We must avenge, since we can't restore, the purity of those lost souls.

Or deport her to where she'd be appreciated like North Dakota or Saskatchewan.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
glatt

If it was a man with underage girls, I suspect many would be feeling differently.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Of course, girls must maintain their virginity, purity, and moral turpitude, preparing to transform into loving, loyal, wives and mothers.

Boys are little pigs transforming into big pigs.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #8
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Normally, I'm all about getting rid of archaic sexual prudishness. But this case has me a little more on the fence than usual, because it was never a case of true love, or even normal relationship levels of commitment. She repeatedly slept with many different students, the youngest being in 8th grade (that's 13-14 years old, for those overseas, while she was 28-30ish at the time.)

After the incident with the 8th grader, she resigned from that district, got a job with a new district, and was sleeping with another student within one month of starting her new job. This sentence was for 37 separate counts of sexual conduct with multiple minors, but she's still awaiting prosecution for additional acts with additional children in other counties.
Her only crime was not being a Catholic priest.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Or deport her to where she'd be appreciated like North Dakota or Saskatchewan.
Or South Central Kentucky.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Her only crime was not being a Catholic priest.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #11
djacq75
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
She repeatedly slept with many different students, the youngest being in 8th grade (that's 13-14 years old, for those overseas, while she was 28-30ish at the time.)
False. She was suspended and investigated for sending "inappropriate" texts to an 8th grader. That could mean a thousand different things.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 AM   #12
djacq75
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
If it was a man with underage girls, I suspect many would be feeling differently.
If it were a man with underage girls, I would be more inclined to wonder if there was physical coercion involved. If I concluded there wasn't, then I would not feel differently.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:15 AM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacq75
False. She was suspended and investigated for sending "inappropriate" texts to an 8th grader. That could mean a thousand different things.
If she never had another similar incident, yes, it could mean a thousand different things. Given how quickly she moved on to having sex with multiple other students, I would say it means she just wasn't given enough time with the 8th grader.

Just so we're clear on your defense above, are you saying that if she had fucked the 8th grader, you would no longer be on her side?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Oral is OK, though, right?

:snicker:
Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I hear the whippersnappers believe anal doesn't count.