The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #1771
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,429
Natural immunity is by far the best way Sadly, not always possible, but we go that route with the addition of the flu shots. Hand Sani? Nooo. Never wiped a cart handle in my life.
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #1772
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 61,014
I wash my hands every week.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:30 PM   #1773
Glinda
SRFO Fun Coochie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I take the opposite approach. Twice a day I pack myself tightly into a large tin can with 100 strangers and hang out underground with them for half an hour.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #1774
Glinda
SRFO Fun Coochie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Natural immunity is by far the best way Sadly, not always possible, but we go that route with the addition of the flu shots. Hand Sani? Nooo. Never wiped a cart handle in my life.
Do you

ever

use

money?

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #1775
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 61,014
Anything over a $20, I lick for Coke residue.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #1776
Griff
still says videotape
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 22,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I take the opposite approach. Twice a day I pack myself tightly into a large tin can with 100 strangers and hang out underground with them for half an hour.
Ha!
__________________
If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you.
- Louis D. Brandeis
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #1777
monster
disaster mermaid
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
yes. and I haven't gotten sick from it yet. I've just reached my third anniversary in this job and I've never taken a day off sick or gone to work sick when I've should have stayed home.

What was your point again?

I think pens used by many or in many locations -especially doctors pens- are probably also a source of nasties, and I'm more concerned about the latter because they are more likely to carry the kind of nasty you don't meet in every day life and build up natural immunity to. But I don't wipe those either, I just use my own. And chastise the doctor if they sanitize their hands then pick up the pen, then do examination.
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #1778
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Deepest Buckinghamshire UK
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think pens used by many or in many locations -especially doctors pens- are probably also a source of nasties, and I'm more concerned about the latter because they are more likely to carry the kind of nasty you don't meet in every day life and build up natural immunity to. But I don't wipe those either, I just use my own. And chastise the doctor if they sanitize their hands then pick up the pen, then do examination.
Our local health centre has a touchscreen for DIY check ins and a sanitising hand gel dispenser next to it.
I can count on the fingers of one (sanitised) hand the number of people that I have seen use it.
__________________
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #1779
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 61,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Anything over a $20, I lick for Coke residue.
Damn, I've been missing a chance to increase my success rate...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #1780
Glinda
SRFO Fun Coochie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
yes. and I haven't gotten sick from it yet. I've just reached my third anniversary in this job and I've never taken a day off sick or gone to work sick when I've should have stayed home.

What was your point again?
I used to be a cashier and handled cootie-laden money day after day. It was never an issue. The only time I got sick when I was at that job was when I took a long train trip and ended up with pneumonia.

Having someone else's illness become your illness doesn't happen every day, but it can and it does. I'm just not willing to put myself at unnecessary risk given the deadliness of the current flu situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think pens used by many or in many locations -especially doctors pens- are probably also a source of nasties, and I'm more concerned about the latter because they are more likely to carry the kind of nasty you don't meet in every day life and build up natural immunity to. But I don't wipe those either, I just use my own. And chastise the doctor if they sanitize their hands then pick up the pen, then do examination.
See? You take precautions, too!
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #1781
Glinda
SRFO Fun Coochie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Our local health centre has a touchscreen for DIY check ins and a sanitising hand gel dispenser next to it.
I can count on the fingers of one (sanitised) hand the number of people that I have seen use it.
Yeah, I always wonder how often businesses clean the touchpads on credit card machines, ATMs, etc. I'm pretty sure the answer is never.

I've never been much of a hand sanitizer user, but until this flu epidemic ends, I'm definitely keeping it nearby.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:38 PM   #1782
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 31,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I wash my hands every week.
Me, too.

Whether they need it or not.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #1783
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 31,058
40% of all $20 bills have traces of baby changing stations on them.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #1784
lumberjim
barely a vapor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 23,704
If you smell a fart, you've inhaled poop molecules.
__________________
and so it goes
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:16 PM   #1785
Glinda
SRFO Fun Coochie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1.14 acres of heaven
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
If you smell a fart, you've inhaled poop molecules.
My friends and I call them "poo particles."
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
limburger


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.