The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #1036
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He can't... it, it's was just to painful to think about.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #1037
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

When my order was a burger and a drink shy, I came inside to get it straightened out. When I explained what was wrong (fairly calmly, I might add, although you won't believe it) the little bassturd snatched, snatched, the bag, I assume to correct my order, off the counter, and rolled his eyes at me.

We all have triggers. Now the young fellow working the counter knew one of mine. I hate that shit.

Quote:
I tell ya what, ya smarmy little fuck, just give me my money back. You roll your eyes at me again, I'm gonna knock you cross-eyed.
What are ya gonna do? As much as I might like to, ya can't just hand out ass-whoopings willy-nilly. Plus, you run the risk of getting handed one yourself. Ya can't set the place on fire, there's laws and shit. So, the next ten times I want one of that kind of burger...

...I'm going somewhere else. That's my only revenge, take my money elsewhere. It doesn't bother the store, doesn't bother the company, therefore accomplishes nothing. Absolutely nothing. But I feel better knowing they're not getting my money.

What I'd actually like to do is kick the boy's mom & dad in the face with a golf shoe. "Raise yer fucking kids." POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser.[/FamilyGuy]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #1038
monster
I hear them call the tide

he was right. it was really pissing him off that time. and this time....
Old 12-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #1039
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Images of Farva...

How'd you like me to punchy size your face, for free?!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:41 AM   #1040
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
When my order was a burger and a drink shy, I came inside to get it straightened out. When I explained what was wrong (fairly calmly, I might add, although you won't believe it) the little bassturd snatched, snatched, the bag, I assume to correct my order, off the counter, and rolled his eyes at me.

We all have triggers. Now the young fellow working the counter knew one of mine. I hate that shit.

What are ya gonna do? As much as I might like to, ya can't just hand out ass-whoopings willy-nilly. Plus, you run the risk of getting handed one yourself. Ya can't set the place on fire, there's laws and shit. So, the next ten times I want one of that kind of burger...

...I'm going somewhere else. That's my only revenge, take my money elsewhere. It doesn't bother the store, doesn't bother the company, therefore accomplishes nothing. Absolutely nothing. But I feel better knowing they're not getting my money.

What I'd actually like to do is kick the boy's mom & dad in the face with a golf shoe. "Raise yer fucking kids." POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser. POW!, right in the kisser.[/FamilyGuy]
Banish from your mind thoughts of using razor sharp wit, withering sarcasm or extreme violence. Just threaten to sue 'em.

That'll have McKentuckyfriedarbyburger quaking in its corporate boots.

You know it makes sense.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #1041
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But not nearly as satisfying as putting the fear of god in them.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #1042
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I depends on what message you want to send and to whom.

Gravdigr, I think your course of action is exactly right. It's the corporation that screwed up, and taking your trade that would otherwise have gone to that business to the competitors is sending a message in the only language they comprehend. Now, depending on how loudly you want to say it, that's just a matter of degree. If you were interested in trying to improve the situation, you could speak to the management. That stuff does make a difference (to businesses that have a MOD that is trying, they do have to give a shit to make a difference). Businesses like that run on very slim margins. You *do* have an impact.

And speaking of impacts, you're right again about the tree from which this bad apple's fallen. But all of that is just for your own cathartic benefit as all the "raising" (such as it was) was completed years earlier. But while you're at it, give 'em a couple kicks for me, willya?
Old 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #1043
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
But not nearly as satisfying as putting the fear of god in them.
So now Gravdgr has been promoted from merely god-like to god? When was that vote held?
Old 12-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #1044
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
So now Gravdgr has been promoted from merely god-like to god? When was that vote held?
It was an appointment.

Hey, I know mistakes happen. You fill a thousand orders, some of them will be wrong, in some way. It just happens. This kid I dealt with most recently will undoubtedly become one of those people you dread talking to on a tech/help line. He actually tried to make me feel the mistake was my fault somehow. Would I have really 'knocked him cross-eyed'? Prolly not, but, maybe, if other parameters for such a response were met. Would I have gone to jail? Almost certainly.

But, I would have gone to jail over a hamburger and a cold drink. Not acceptable.

The thing that pisses me off is that this doesn't happen at just one place. It happens at McD's. And Hardee's. And Wendy's. And Sonic. And Dairy Queen. And Burger King. And it's far from infrequent. But that shit does not happen at either of the two bar/restaurants I go to. Go figure.

Also, in regard to what BigV was saying: It's not the corporation's fault. It's the fault of those young "people" (ugh, I hate associating myself with them) who haven't had the proper motivation to treat people (and the opportunity for work) with respect. They just don't give a shit because they've never had to.

I am insignificant to the corporation. I am insignificant to the local location. I am $7 that they can get by perfectly well without.

What are ya gonna do? Suffer, that's what ya gonna do.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 AM   #1045
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

He actually tried to make me feel the mistake was my fault somehow.
Tis the way of the World, unfortunately. It is always someone else's fault.

I think that the last time there was an outbreak of honesty and integrity was after the unfortunate business of George Washington and the cherry tree.

I exaggerate, but not by much.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #1046
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

All these problems will go away when we increase their pay to $11 hr.

(Runs & hides)
Old 12-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #1047
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post

(Runs & hides)
Don't hide.

WA and OR are slated to increase the minimum wage tomorrow!

In WA, it will rise to $9.38/hr. As for the $11/hr -- problems go away scenario... Well, the problems will not go away, but the boss, the person for whom the percentage of expenses are spent on labor will have much more incentive to keep the best and discard the rest when his costs increase like that. And in Seattle, it's slated to rise even higher, as most of you know, to $15.00/hr. What boss will tolerate some kid (whose home training was admittedly ... lax, to be kind) to drive away good customers like Gravdigr? Only the stupid ones with more money than brains and those ones will be going out of business anyhow.

It is already a buyer's market for labor like that, and the incentive to hire the best possible team members/candidates/workers/whatever will be stronger than ever. It *will* cost more to run a business. Some things will increase in price, that stuff happens anyhow, across all sectors. But I think service should improve when it costs more to provide that service.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #1048
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post

(Runs & hides)
Probably not. Money is a closed system, an increase in pay to them has to come from someone else's pocket. If you increase the cost of the burger to cover it then the cost of living goes up and $11/hr is no longer adequate.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #1049
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
good customers like Gravdigr?
Sarcasm noted.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #1050
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Men. Men are pissing me off right now. The ones I live with, the ones I interact with professionally, the ones who have no business sending me texts wondering if I want to have sex with them (yes, that guy) ... even my grown sons are irritating me beyond belief. Yet I love men, mostly. But right now, they are PISSING ME OFF.

I really do love men. Just need to encounter some (soon) who can restore my faith and goodwill.

Tags
limburger