The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Cloud

Which Cloud service do you use? Security and ease of use are my primary concerns. I'm not worried about cost. I want a service where I can store my critical documents and photos with easy accessibility on any device
Old 11-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Dropbox -- sign up for it by clicking this link and you will get a free additional 500MB! (And I will get a free additional 1GB for referring you.)

Dropbox was first to a lot of this stuff, and is continuing to expand its features very impressively. Save stuff on your desktop just by putting it in the Dropbox folder. It's sync'd to wherever you add the Dropbox client/app.

I also use Google Drive, same sorta thing except I dunno if there's an iPhone app.

And now Google Keep - for to-do lists and such, very handy. Write a shopping list on your desktop, have it available on your tablet and phone, and vice-versas.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Yes. Google Drive is available for iDevices. I use it over Dropbox because they give me more free space.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Thanks UT, I just signed up for it
Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
mbpark
Lecturer

I use dropbox for class. It has served me well over two master's programs, and I have synced a lot of class data since Fall 2011 in it.

I use box.com for work.

I like box.com, however, because the user interface is much better, and I get 50gb storage courtesy of my employer. I will be transferring over data soon.
mbpark is offline   Reply With Quote