The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #11
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

'A tacky monstrosity': Giant sculpture of Jeremy Clarkson's head appears in garden.

Name:  It will frighten the horses..jpg
Views: 346
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote:
A massive sculpture of Jeremy Clarkson’s head has been called “a tacky monstrosity” after a family won a competition to have it in their garden.

Zohaib Alam, 15, entered The Grand Tour Twitter competition for his dad to win the 6ft fibreglass sculpture of the former Top Gear host’s head.

“My dad loves the show and I love those types of programmes too,” the teenager, who lives in Salford, told the Manchester Evening News.

“I tweeted the show after I saw the competition and suddenly I got a tweet back to say our front garden was big enough for Jeremy Clarkson’s head.

“I know Jeremy Clarkson has got a big head but we said it would fit after we found out the dimensions. It was amazing when we found out that we had won. It’s the first time we’ve won anything.”
In gentler times it would have been covered by a sheet lest it frighten the horses.

LINK