The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
Nirvana
Back in 10

I have to whine here that I feel that I am too altruistic to post anything interesting on this thread, but I am really enjoying reading others comments.

Some make me know how woefully inadequate I might have been as a parent, I am a wimp. CF if anyone one is the definition of a good Mom, its you! =)
Old 10-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Just a few thoughts that would be included in my perfect day.

Taking a walk in the "woods" with my sons. Holding hands with my partner, smiling, worry-free, feeling content. Knowing that my kids will/would have a better life than I.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
glatt

I find I like it when I feel a sense of accomplishment, or like I'm making progress towards something. So I'd like to have some sort of activity that allows progress and accomplishment. But I don't want to spend the whole day working.

I'd want to spend much of the day outside in nice weather. And be with my family. And see my family happy. If they aren't enjoying it, I won't either.

And good simple meals. And of course sex.

So if I put it all together, lets say that for some reason I wake up early, feeling really well rested and full of energy. My wife wakes up feeling the same way, and we have sex before the kids get up. I make an awesome breakfast that everyone loves. Let's say it's french toast. Then we decide we are going for a bike ride exploring some new paths we heard about. We go to get the bikes out, and I notice the tire on my son's bike is flat. I get the tools out, and we sit down together and I show him how to remove, patch, and replace the inner tube on a bike. He sucks it all up like a sponge, which makes me proud to see, and it also feels good to fix something. Then we go for our bike ride, and find all these really neat new places. The trail goes through the woods, along a stream, and there are lots of exciting new spots where we can stop and explore. After we wind our way home, it's time to take a shower and get ready to go over to another family's house for a party. They are having a cook out in their back yard, and it's great to see them. The food is awesome. We hang out, talking with the adults, who are all good friends we don't see often enough, while all the kids play nicely together. When it's the late afternoon, we head home again. I need a little time to recharge my batteries so I read for a little bit, or surf the web while the kids are playing legos together and my wife putters around. No pressure for an hour or two. Then we make some food for the kids, and after dinner, send them off to bed. I read a chapter of a good book with my daughter before saying goodnight to her, while my wife is doing the same thing with our son. My wife and I have date night, which consists of making a pizza and sitting on the couch eating it, drinking wine, and talking all night while we listen to music. Then at bed time, there's actually some more sex again before we go to sleep. I sleep soundly.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
... I sleep soundly.
I'm not surprised after all that!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #20
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Wish I was there Glatt, sounds wonderful.
Oh - except teh sexor - that would make me a perv.

Seriously - shows what is valued in your life.