The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
stevecrm
Just moved in

August 1, 2008 (B): Sheep on roof

Sorry but if I didnt post this now I would forget, I have just seen this on the local news on the TV.

-----------------------------------------------------
Roof-scaling sheep
A sheep that managed to climb onto the roof of a two-storey house tumbled to the ground after resisting the efforts of rescuers.

Three fire crews used an aerial platform in an attempt to free the animal, which had clambered onto the roof after getting onto a small outbuilding.

A crowd gathered outside the terraced cottages in Harrogate, North Yorks to watch the unlikely rescue attempt.

But the male sheep, who had been munching on roof moss as the drama unfolded, fled from the firemen as they attempted to shepherd him onto the platform.

He ran to a neighbouring slate roof which had become slippery in the rain, and tumbled to earth, breaking a leg.

"It slipped off the front of the property and landed," said Ben Cairns, from Harrogate Fire Station Green Watch.

"It was fine, although its leg was injured. We left it with villagers who knew the local farmer.

"Every effort was made to protect the animal from becoming harmed."

He added: "It's possibly the most unusual animal that we have attempted to rescue from a roof."

The animal is thought to have got into the gardens of the terraced cottages after escaping from its field.
stevecrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal, deer, sheep