The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 08-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Awww, really sad. To me, Zen's posts always kept the cellar a sane and grounded place. I understand and respect his dilemma. Good luck to you, too, Zen.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Zen, please dude, don't leave. Please. Re-up. Change your name. But don't leave.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bunyip View Post
I am proud of you, Son.
I liked that.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also, Zen, if your not back in two weeks, Old Bunyip is gonna make with the naked babby Zen pics.

So...

Old 08-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
Old Bunyip
Antagonistic Antagonist

I have also repeatedly made it clear I would not like it if she joined the cellar.
This is not the case. Zen was ambivalent, but when I suggested it, asked me not to reveal our relationship etc.

He also never said he had problems with me "lurking" (a value laden term for being a guest to this site.)

I was too shy to join earlier, but, like Zen, enjoy wordplay and the conversations of like-minded people.
I agree this is out of character for him and I hope he returns to you soon.

Meanwhile...can anyone suggest a similar site I could join?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #21
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Man, this really sucks. I'll miss Zen lots Hope he's ok.

Also: sorry it's worked out like this, Bunyip.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Seems like you guys might need to have a cuppa and sort this out. Obviously the message given hasnt been received with the same intent which is a bugger, but these things happen. I say that because i cant imagine zen telling us all a lie, but its easy to believe that maybe he wasnt as clear as he thinks he has been. We all have that problem from time to time.

I hope you guys dont argue too much over this. After all, we're just a bunch of freaks on the internet.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Flint
Snowflake

UT has often described the Cellar as a crowded tavern. Okay, so it's not a relationship destroying revelation that not everybody wants to go out drinking with their frickin' mom. Or how about invite the whole family to a group therapy session? Sound like FUN?

Family members, we love you, but fuck off.

You will be explicitly, repeatedly, and forcefully invited here if we want you here. No need for confusion. You don't go to a movie you don't have tickets for.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #24
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Oh, no. Zen, I'll miss you.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

So, Zen is really not coming back? I hope he and his mom sorted things out.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This is bullshit. Zen, just come back with another name. Ma won't know, and we can spread the word that it's you privately.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

But can he really come back, after sharing us with his mother, passing us around like we're some kind of gigolo? Well yes, I suppose he can, but we'll have to raise our price.

Mom, you can hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes, put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It's a little secret, just the Bunyips affair. Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids. Coo coo ca-choo Old Bunyip ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #28
Old Bunyip
Antagonistic Antagonist

It seems my biggest mistake was to email Zen joyously to tell him I had joined the Cellar and what my name was.

You were all so welcoming, but as soon as Zen had a hissy fit, I was the one in the shit. I did not know that family members may not join...or is it any blood relative? I know there are spouses on here.

I have been very unhappy about it all. I had long wanted to be part of your community. Zen rarely contacts me, so "having a cuppa" and sorting it out is unlikely, even if I tried.

I thought I could come to the Cellar as an adult in my own right. Where do you think Zen got his sense of humour, wordplay and a bit of his intellect? I don't care if he has a shed full of dead hobos...he lives his own life without me censoring him.

I'm sorry that he has said he has left, for your sakes, but don't take it out on me. It was his choice. Our relationship has been as two adults, not mother and son, for most of his life and he has made his own choices without me interfering.

Please don't blame me for what has happened, I was quite hurt that some Cellar people, so supportive in many ways, allowed their anger at his choice to spill onto me.

So I have found another place to go, where crazy travelers like I am fit in.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #29
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I don't blame you, Bunyip. I thought Zen' reaction was over the top and uncharacteristic. He's a really good guy, and honestly I find it refreshing that he is not perfect. However, I respect my parents and would not publicly humiliate them.

alsoI said that there is relatively little we know about Zen, personal-wise, so i didn't see what sorts of things he would find he had to censor. What's the difference of you reading his posts w/o joining or joining and reading his posts?

obviously every family dynamic is different, I do hope you two work yours out. i
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #30
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Parents make you emotional. They just do.

Also, it's probably not about killing the hobos, it's probably about fucking 'em. That's a lot more embarassing in a parent/child relationship.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote