The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 05-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

May 13th, 2020 : Who Was That Masked Person?

With no internet to swap lies about conspiracies, miracle cures from butterfly ears, or attacks on personal rights to be stupid,
people listened and persevered... except for the 50 million (675,000 US) that died.

Is there anyone more macho Georgia Tech fans, and they didn't whine about wearing a mask.

The angels of mercy who take care of us day in and day out but only get recognized when we find ourselves in deep shit.
For some reason that never coincides with contract time.

Listening to my mother talk (after she'd had a couple glasses of wine) about how the doctors in the hospital treated the nurses,
was the only time I ever heard her say fuck.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:26 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

Mom would let the doctor talk leak out once in a while but you know what, she also talked up the good ones. She finished her career doing chart reviews dealing with insurance companies. If you want a nurse pissed off talk insurance companies.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

When my mother went to nurse school they stressed the nurses in non-surgical settings like hospital wards are the eyes and ears of the doctors because they see the patients more than 2 minutes a day. So when the doctor is there they should report observations of anything unusual.
Turns out doing that the doctors reaction ranged from pretending the nurse didn't exist, to upbraiding her for telling the obviously superior medical authority his job.
The female doctors and female nurse practitioners, were a little better, but not always.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

A pleasant mix of ego and misogyny.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

A friend of the family quit nursing entirely after a teenage boy died unnecessarily on her floor--he developed a blood clot in his leg, all the signs were there, the nurse called the doc, but he said "no, I just saw him a few hours ago, he's fine." They called back again twice more, the last time with literally every nurse on the floor on the line, saying they were all seeing the same thing and begging him to just prescribe some blood thinners over the phone, wouldn't even hurt the kid if they were wrong. The doctor took offense, said anyone who gave the patient anything without his specific go-ahead would be fired. Kid was dead by morning.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I take it that was a long time ago. There's a medical director who can supersede a patient's doctor, public health department emergency hotlines, and protocols allowing patients to be sent to the ER before the doctor is notified that are agreed to when the doctor gains admission privileges.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Yeah, it would have been back in the late 70s or early 80s I think.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:11 AM   #8
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

"The doctor took offense, said anyone who gave the patient anything without his specific go-ahead would be fired."
Doctor Trump?
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote