The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #6361
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
I was scrubbing one out and actually thought to myself that I might be pushing a bit hard on the thin glass when BANG!
Is any consolation you were right?
Old 06-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #6362
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Angry When people dont take care of things.....

I found 7 78s (records) today (All "18 TOP HITS") -- All of them were garbage (Bumps in them,noisy,etc (Not very playable)) -- I really hate people who dont take care of this beautiful analog stuff and then bring it to salvation army in shit condition.....

I was all exicted that i found that many "18 top hits" 78s @ once only to find they were all crap..... I THREW THEM OUT,I WONT DO THE SAME THING TO OTHERS!!

Im listening to the ones I got 2 years ago that thankfully are in excellent condition......

People suck!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #6363
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Ugh. Summer schedules can eat a dick.

I am currently spending 3 hours a day driving kids to and from activities, plus another 2 hours sitting and waiting in the car for them to be done with said activities. I have pickups/drop offs at 8:00, 9:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, and 5:00. It's my own damn fault for wanting them enriched.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #6364
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Knitting is the answer to the waiting issues, Clod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #6365
monster
I hear them call the tide

I always kept a mini (dollar store) dustpan and brush and a pack of cleaning wetwipes in the car and used the time cleaning it up a bit. But I just can't imagine your car being the hellhole mine was -they had to eat/snack hurredly in there several times a day.... Also reading.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #6366
monster

Thunderboy still has 4 practices a day in the summer...... but now Goalieboy is on the hook for taxi services

...it gets better....
Old 06-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #6367
monster

(two swim, one dive, one water polo, in case anyone wondered. Hockey is way too much hard work in he summer, but if he were on the school team, there would be that too....)
Old 06-26-2017, 03:30 AM   #6368
Pi
desperate finder

Just heard that contrary to what I thought I will not get my next advancement in October but probably only 2028...
Old 06-26-2017, 10:23 AM   #6369
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

2028?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 AM   #6370
Pi
desperate finder

Yes, just mildly irritated... Compared to colleagues who got that promotion at age 34 and I'll have to wait until I'm 48. And of course our pension is now calculated based on the earned money over the career.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #6371
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well that sucks. Because there are too many ahead of you who are not likely to make a vacancy/retire, or did you piss somebody off?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #6372
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yes, just mildly irritated... Compared to colleagues who got that promotion at age 34 and I'll have to wait until I'm 48. And of course our pension is now calculated based on the earned money over the career.
They promote based on age?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #6373
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

One typically has to have a certain amount of time in service (TIS) and time in grade (TIG) to be eligible for consideration for promotion to the next higher rank. That translates into a certain age for each person, depending on at what age they entered the military, how fast they received their previous promotions, and if they had any breaks in service. The TIS-TIG requirements change with the military's need for people at a given rank.

The USA, with its large military, accommodates secondary and primary zones of consideration. Those promoted in the primary zone have met the full TIS-TIG requirements. Those promoted in the secondary zone have not; but, they received waivers (sometimes a little as half the TIS requirement) for exceptional performance. Only a small percentage of the total number of promotions authorized for a fiscal year are allotted to the secondary zone.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #6374
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I missed Pi's military connection there.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #6375
monster

official graduation/diploma ceremony photo(s) of Hector are shite There's only 1, with the principal, no individuals and there's a great white blob on his head. There was a power cut, but still....

Tags
mild cheddar