The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #31
^it sings^
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,382
In that instance, the terminology is a close match. If your rainfly/flysheet has an attached projection that can be extended out to form a roof beyond the tent entrance, we'd call it an awning. If it additionally has walls, then a vestibule.

In military slang, a British basha is like an American poncho hooch. Both work as tarpaulins having grommets along the edges for suspension lines. US military ponchos are dual purpose having the edge grommets and a head hole with hood which can be tied closed in tarp mode. It also has snaps to create sleeves in poncho mode. The basha is a basic tarp.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.