The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #3646
Griff
still says videotape

love that
Old 12-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #3647
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Judge Reinhold arrested at Dallas airport checkpoint

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #3648
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

WTF? If he had already cleared security but they had a problem with his bag, why would pat him down instead of the bag?
I'm glad I don't fly anymore, I'd never make it on the plane.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #3649
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Its not news. But is a curiosity.
Surfing
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #3650
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Woman rescues her attacked pup dog with a tip she learned on Reddit

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #3651
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

West Ham fans name post man of the match in victory over Hull

Quote:
West Ham fans had no doubt about the star of Saturday's 1-0 win over Hull - voting the post as man of the match.

Hull hit the frame of the goal three times before Mark Noble's disputed penalty sealed the points for West Ham.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #3652
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I've heard it said that Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. Well, here's some more weird "football" news as proof of that aphorism:

Seattle Sounders FC win MLS Championship 2016 match without recording even a single shot on goal during regulation time and overtime.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #3653
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ikea says illegal teenage sleepovers must end

Quote:
Ikea is urging teenagers to stop creeping into its stores and having illegal sleepovers.

About 10 "non-sponsored sleepovers" have been logged across the world by the Swedish furniture giant this year.

In the past, people have hidden themselves in stores in the US, Canada, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Japan, Australia and Poland.

Most recently, two 14-year-old girls were caught after spending the night at the branch in Jonkoping in Sweden.
Problem is, all the kitchen stuff will be packed away, so no meatballs when you get hungry.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #3654
glatt

Fools!

Now it's going to go viral with copycats and they are going to have to hire teams of employees to open each cabinet in every store and make sure it's empty.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #3655
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Which is what they want, for teenagers to believe IKEA is cool and spend lots of harmless, playful time in there--"OMG guys, you know what? This bed is pretty comfortable!"--as if it were their own idea.

Except when a bunch of hooligans eventually get high in there and trash the place, they'll wish they hadn't tried to turn this into a secret marketing campaign.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #3656
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Nah, motion detectors and or sniffing dogs, followed up with unrelenting pressing of charges and paying off local prosecutors to take the families to the mat would get the word out quick enough that it is a bad ikea to sleep at Ikea.

see what I did there?
Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #3657
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Now it's going to go viral with copycats and they are going to have to hire teams of employees to open each cabinet in every store and make sure it's empty.
Its Trump's fault. He's creating jobs all over the world!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #3658
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Somewhere we discussed the plastic rice, I don't remember where, and I said they confiscated several tons in Africa. Here's the result...

Quote:
The artificial food products are popular with restaurants to display menu choices as they always look fresh and never rot. Artificial rice is made of PVC, a white, brittle plastic.

The product is designed to be used at room temperature, so degradation could start from 70 degrees Celsius. “They shouldn’t put it on the stove. It isn’t food,” Zhou said.

He said he was puzzled why anyone would smuggle artificial rice to sell as real in Africa, as the product his company sold cost more than 70 yuan for 1kg, or 10 times the price of real rice in China. In Africa the cost would increase due to shipping and other costs.
I suspect it was stolen somewhere along the way.

link
Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #3659
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

It was the Snap, Crackle, and Pop gang.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM   #3660
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Fools!

At least it will create employment opportunities, right? Although "Nighttime anti-teenager Ikea patrol" might look weird on a resume.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote