Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #4936
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Us too!

(Bandaid is actually a brand name...one of those that stuck as product name, like Kleenex, around here.)
Punny?

Remember the singing commercial?

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #4937
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Punny?

You mean like this?
Attached Images

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #4938
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Punny?

I was thinking about this and finally i get it!

I am stuck on bandaids
"Cause bandaid's stuck on me...etc.

Iconic.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #4939
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Eva has the same cold everyone else has already had. While its not too bad and hasnt bothered us too much, i guess she will be a bit of a pain with it for a while.

More in a few days. Probably in the pissed off or upset thread. lol
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #4940
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Aww, hope she feels better soon!
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #4941
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
I am stuck on bandaids
"Cause bandaid's stuck on me...etc.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #4942
infinite monkey

I was mildly irritated Saturday. I went to my niece's basketball game. 4th-5th graders.

It was still at the end of the game before my niece's game. The game was between a smaller school and the Jr Hi of the town where I live. One of the girls on the opposing team (this was a tournament, played in the town where I live, where everyone is either full-on redneck or haughty country club self-important snotty people) stole the ball and was down the court for a lay-up.

No one was around her, but one little devil spawn, I mean little girl, ran up behind her, just as the other girl was getting to the basket...and put both hands out, got up behind the girl, and SHOVED her forward at her shoulders. Shoved. Her. Forward. Hard.

Besides the fact that she could have seriously injured the other girl (like smashing her teeth into the slightly padded wall behind the backboard, or falling and breaking a leg or arm) WHERE IS THE FUCKING SPORTSMANSHIP?

I was incredulous. Not one of my coaches would have ever let me get away with that kind of crap. Oh sure, they'd put me in if there was a particularly pesky player on the other team who was doing some aggressive blocking or whatnot, to take care of her...but not in that way.

I'm no fool who thinks basketball is a pretty little sport where tall guys run up and down the court, slam dunk, or shoot from the other side of the court. I do believe in playing 'tough' and not playing like a 'girl' as my mom would say. You don't skin your knee, and cry. You may run into the back wall on your own, trying to save a ball that is going out of bounds. But you don't blatantly shove people like it's a freaking football game.

The girl got a T and was put on the bench. The other girl got her 2 T shots. The benched girl didn't give a whit.

Me? That girl wouldn't be on the team. Here's an example for you, little ones: you do NOT get to be smartass little snot who push others around like you're on a playground. Smacks too much of bully crap.

She's probably the kid of one of the wannabes and no one dares kick her off the team. THose coaches are volunteering their time, I know...but even as her coach I would have her hit the proverbial showers.

If she were MY child she would have been taken home right then, right there, in front of everyone.

Then a bunch of girls in S's game got called off the court for wearing earrings. Little posts like we used to wear when we were kids; they're pretty safe for the most part. But, it's a rule, and you can't even tape them down anymore.

But let me get this straight: You can shove a girl who is running at full speed like it's the NFL but don't wear a tiny gold post because you might scratch your head.

Grrrrrrrr. I don't know how parents do it. (The good ones, I mean, not the "Johnny never does wrong" kind.)
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #4943
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Why come the ref can't kick her out of the game?
Why didn't everyone boo her?

What a little shit.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #4944
infinite monkey

I booed her. I yelled something about sportsmanship. That was the thing. It didn't seem to have much of an effect on many people. I got up for a walk ('cause I was fumin') and didn't hear anything about it.

The refs weenied out, I guess. Maybe they are also on the McDonald's Mafia and Young Millionaires payroll. (Next time,that girl sleeps with the fishes.) The chick ref who made all the girls with earrings either take them out or sit on the bench, in my niece's game, probably would have booted her.

Little shit is right. I would have been so embarrassed, after a talking to by my coach (whichever one, I respected all of them) and certainly wouldn't be sitting on the bench laughing and cheering.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #4945
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
I booed her. I yelled something about sportsmanship. That was the thing. It didn't seem to have much of an effect on many people. I got up for a walk ('cause I was fumin') and didn't hear anything about it.

The refs weenied out, I guess. Maybe they are also on the McDonald's Mafia and Young Millionaires payroll. (Next time,that girl sleeps with the filet-o-fishes.) The chick ref who made all the girls with earrings either take them out or sit on the bench, in my niece's game, probably would have booted her.

Little shit is right. I would have been so embarrassed, after a talking to by my coach (whichever one, I respected all of them) and certainly wouldn't be sitting on the bench laughing and cheering.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #4946
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Infini---I watched in complete horror nearly every time my son played sports at the UNsportsmanlike behavior of both officials, parents and players but finals and high stakes games were the WORST. My son was chosen to play for the South when Ohio HS teams played North v. South and actual fist-fights broke out that the refs ignored. I also saw cheerleaders at a finals basketball game TAUNT the losing other team/parents after the game---they mingled with the losing team and sang little ditties about how the team sucked, etc. and I couldn't take it anymore. I put my foot out, tripped one on them so she landed on her face and said, loudly, "Whores!"

they were a team from Pataskala (outside Columbus) which is 98% white but ALL THE B BALL PLAYERS WERE BLACK.

made me go 'hmmmmmmmmmmm' ---- recruit much?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #4947
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

There are so many kids these days who have no idea what a good sport is. It's a very sad reflection of the times we live in.

I know football is a rough sport, but some of the injuries I see my kids come off the field with are definitely not from the general course of the game. Some kids are dirty dogs, and you know it because you hear their parents yelling out things like, "smash him", and "kill them", and all sorts of other awful stuff. Yeah, I encourage my boys to play hard and do their best, but I don't tell them to go out and punch someone else in the head, or scratch them in the face, or twist their balls or some of the other things I hear parents saying.

I think most of it comes down to parents being fuckheads, trying to live vicariously through their kids' sport. The parents should be sin binned too!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #4948
Griff
still says videotape

I've seen a lot of bad acting being a Dad of sports oriented girls. In fencing anyway there is a protocol for tossing people out. A reddit guy wrote this article of black cards for douche baggery.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #4949
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I understand they want to maintain decorum and tradition. And can as long as the school isn't hanging big bucks on them like football/basketball. But the girl in the youtube link wasn't exactly raising hell. I think they were pretty harsh to blackcard her.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #4950
Griff
still says videotape

If you throw your mask its pretty much automatic... Having your Russian coach jawing in the ear of the director doesn't help either. I'm guessing her day and tournament were over so the card was pretty meaningless.

I saw a kid fire his mask against a wall at a tourney one time after a clubmate of mine beat him. Out came the card. Next time I saw the kid he was a director.

Tags
mild cheddar