The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #6256
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Pi, have you tried laughing out loud when the chanting starts?

If you're gonna quit, might as well get thrown out, I always say.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #6257
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Yoga joints are everywhere over here, ranging from super groovy to secular corporate in style. I went to one for a while that was devoid of mystical spiritual BS and the most I had to suffer through was a Namaste with a little bow at the the end.

Maybe keep looking?
Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #6258
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Libillies (the hillbillies who hang around the public library talking loudly, playing games on their phones loudly, and generally being rude and annoying...they're not reading or anything like that, they're just out in public with their LOOK AT ME mentality because they don't even know they elicit feelings of disgust and pity.) Isn't there a farm or a circus or a tattoo parlor somewhere where they could hang out?

Yes, it's very ungenerous of me.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:30 PM   #6259
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Libillies (the hillbillies who hang around the public library talking loudly, playing games on their phones loudly, and generally being rude and annoying...they're not reading or anything like that, they're just out in public with their LOOK AT ME mentality because they don't even know they elicit feelings of disgust and pity.) Isn't there a farm or a circus or a tattoo parlor somewhere where they could hang out?

Yes, it's very ungenerous of me.
Yeah but, I totally understand. I'm in Hicksville middle Hoosierland, doncha know.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #6260
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Yeah but, I totally understand. I'm in Hicksville middle Hoosierland, doncha know.

At least it's not Ohio!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #6261
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Glitter in the mouse pad.

Fuck.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #6262
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hoosierland - pfff.

Buckeyesville - please.

Kentucky - Bastion of Modern Culture

Old 12-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #6263
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I found these neat little vases on the net.

They're 3-D printed, 10cm high, several colors, gloss and flat black, recommended for dry arrangements or stand alone, $85 each.

Then way down at the bottom, in the small print, it says all photographs are of the original ceramic pieces.
Some of the 3-D printed stuff I've seen is rather rough surfaced. These may not be but show me a goddamn picture of what you're selling.
If you're selling Delicious, don't show me a picture of a Granny Smith.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #6264
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's mildly irritating you today?

I (apparently) have a head cold.

Shit.

I can't complain, I guess. Momdigr's been nursing one for a week, I guess it was inevitable. Popdigr has it, too, I think. It's not too bad, really. I'm kinda thick-headed (shut yer mouth), but, no runny nose, or sinus headaches (yet). Just that weird one-side-of-my-head-is-one-pressure-the-other-side-is-another-type things, and I can't hear like I could yesterday.

Shit.

Now, who can I give this to?

Old 12-30-2016, 03:29 PM   #6265
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Kill it with alcohol.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #6266
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The little baby microwave oven at work, suitable for warming a small dish of leftovers, or a cup of coffee, etc. It's not very sophisticated, but it has a digital display and a rotating glass plate inside. That's the part that I find irritating. The programming on the damn thing is all one button and go. 1 for one minute, 2 for two minutes, etc. The thing is at low counter height so I have to lower my forearm a few inches to put the coffee mug in. Close the door and press 2 (or 1) same shit happens. It starts up, irradiating my coffee while rotating the turntable. Without exception, when I put the mug in using my right hand, the handle is at the OPTIMAL location (about 4 o'clock), at then end of the cooking cycle, it's way the fuck over at 11 or 12 or 9 or something. I have to manually scoot the turntable around, DJ scratch style to wind the handle back to me in the only place I can reach.

Why did you decide that an integer number of minutes translates to a fractional number of rotations Mr Engineer? Now, if the microwave oven itself was installed a foot higher, I could have a greater range of motion for my retrieving hand, but no. I find it irritating Every. Damn. Day.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #6267
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Kill it with alcohol.
It won't die.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #6268
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I just got an email from Billy saying he got my Christmas card. I mailed it the first week in December and it cost me close to $5. Talk about a slow boat to China, when he was in Europe it took days.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #6269
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
The little baby microwave oven at work, suitable for warming a small dish of leftovers, or a cup of coffee, etc. It's not very sophisticated, but it has a digital display and a rotating glass plate inside. That's the part that I find irritating. The programming on the damn thing is all one button and go. 1 for one minute, 2 for two minutes, etc. The thing is at low counter height so I have to lower my forearm a few inches to put the coffee mug in. Close the door and press 2 (or 1) same shit happens. It starts up, irradiating my coffee while rotating the turntable. Without exception, when I put the mug in using my right hand, the handle is at the OPTIMAL location (about 4 o'clock), at then end of the cooking cycle, it's way the fuck over at 11 or 12 or 9 or something. I have to manually scoot the turntable around, DJ scratch style to wind the handle back to me in the only place I can reach.

Why did you decide that an integer number of minutes translates to a fractional number of rotations Mr Engineer? Now, if the microwave oven itself was installed a foot higher, I could have a greater range of motion for my retrieving hand, but no. I find it irritating Every. Damn. Day.
Because if you are not a little annoyed you will not upgrade to the more expensive one when it blows up one week after the warranty expires. And if you are a lot annoyed, you will change brand.

Have you considered stopping it a few seconds earlier?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 AM   #6270
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

More accurately it's what irritated me yesterday.
I did the usual grocery shopping and, when waiting at the checkout, saw that the lady behind me only had three small items, probably for her lunch at work.
As I had a trolley load of stuff I asked if she would like to go in front of me.
She accepted and, in fairness, offered profuse thanks. They were scanned in seconds and then... and then... the fun started.
A lot of ferreting about in her purse for the number of coins required produced nothing.
Then the same exercise with folding money was similarly fruitless, so there was nothing for it but to pay by card and a search for one that she could use eventually succeeded.
However it didn't end there because a money off coupon had to be located before matters could be successfully concluded.
Tolstoy could have written one of his longer chapters in the time all this took.
I know the lady on the checkout quite well and 'knowing glances' were exchanged during this saga.
I never quite understood the phrase 'no good deed ever goes unpunished'. I do now.

Tags
mild cheddar