The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Newb Interrogation/Shareholic Dwellar Quiz May 2017

1) Kanye West or Ivanka Trump? don't wuss out ....choose.....
2) Was that too tough a question to open with?
3) Yellow or pink?
4) When you were really broke, what's the most notable/sad thing you did/do to save or scrape together a few pennies?
5) beer, wine or neither?
6) what is your current favorite word?
7) Wonder Woman or Elastagirl?
8) what grade school art project were you most proud of/do you remember most vividly (and why, if you care to share....)
9) roses or orchids?
10) Your pizza has only one topping. What is it?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

1 -- Ivanka's prettier, so, Ivanka.
2 -- No.
3 -- Pink for skin, yellow for urine, you get it the other way around, you should seek medical attention immediately.
4 -- I've dumpster-dived for food.
5 -- This one is too tough, the best wine (that I can afford) is better than the best beer, and the worst beer is far worse than the worst wine, so, wine. Huh, that was a surprise.
6 --
7 -- W(o)nder W(o)man.
8 -- In 9th grade, I made a chess table. The board is birch and walnut, with a wide mitered frame which sits on a pedestal and base of birch I turned on the lathe. I received an award for xyz Industrial Arts of the year in the school district for it. Mr Martindale was my woodshop teacher; my fond thanks to him for starting my lifelong love affair with woodworking. I still have the table.
9 -- Roses. They're equal in beauty and superior in fragrance. Though the exotic novelty of shapes and colors across the range of orchids is impressive, I do not have the temperament (nor the equipment) to keep them any longer than it takes those poor hothouse exiles you buy for $30 at the grocery store in their little six-inch jails to die. Roses, I can enable roses to thrive.
10 -- It's not pizza, that's for sure. Crust plus... ??? sauce. That's a pizza with one topping? Crust, sauce, plus one more? Ok, pepperoni. That's still a pathetic "pizza".
Old 05-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Is this a trick question? If we're talking huggin' n kissin', Ivanka. If we're talking 'findin 'em ass up in a ditch'...Kanye.

Not really.

3) Yellow or pink?

Pink. You know why.

4) When you were really broke, what's the most notable/sad thing you did/do to save or scrape together a few pennies?

I cashed in some aluminum cans. I carried them in in my hands. I wanna say it was 16 cans, smashed flat. Got me a cheeseburger. I already had some change.

Beer.

Aspirin.

Wonder Woman.

8) what grade school art project were you most proud of/do you remember most vividly (and why, if you care to share....)

I do not recall any 'art projects'.

9) roses or orchids?

Are we looking, or smelling? If we're smelling, roses. If we're looking, orchids.

Pepperoni. One topping does not necessarily a pathetic pizza make, but, ya can't skimp on topping with just one topping, I always order extra pepperoni if that's all I'm getting. Although my personal preference is pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, and bacon.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
glatt

Grade school. That was K-6 in my town. Easy answer. I was in 2nd grade. In some sort of free time in class, you could go to different stations, and I chose to play with the clay. It was that gray stuff that had a distinctive smell and was kind of oily. Anyway, I really got into it. I made a witch's face. An amazing portrait. Never before had anyone in the second grade made anything so impressive. The other students were all talking about how good it was. It was generally agreed that I was the best ever. The witch had a crooked nose with a wart, and very detailed strands of hair poking out under her hat. She had a buckle on her hat, like a pilgrim.

Free time was over, so I left the portrait in the clay station. On the walk home, my friend, Timmy Smith, was complimenting me on how detailed the witch was.

The next day, during free time, Joey decided he was going to play with the clay. And he was about to destroy my witch to make something else. So of course I went to the teacher and explained very reasonably that it would be a travesty of justice to destroy such a masterpiece. It had to be shared with the world.

But she said that the clay was for the whole class to use, and I got to use it yesterday. Today was Joey's turn. He crumpled my amazing witch portrait up into a ball and made some dumb thing or other.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Probably a stick, the little bastard.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
monster
I hear them call the tide

I really meant up to grade 12, I guess, but American class and school nomenclature is still a little confusing to me
Old 05-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
1) Kanye West or Ivanka Trump? don't wuss out ....choose....
I call shenanigans. The choice was supposed to be between Taylor Swift and Ivanka Trump; but, Kayne West upstaged Swifty again like he did during the 2009 VMAs
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

1) Taylor Swift
2) not when understood properly, prior to that not resolvable
3) Yellow
4) Ramen
5) neither
6) nether regions
7) WW
8) I fired a particularly heinous "Idea Box" with a ligtbulb shaped lid.
9) orchid
10) pepperoni
Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

Not enough sand.

I marinated it in HP sauce and Sous-Vided it, so, no.

3) Yellow or pink?

Cadmium yellow deep

Returned bottles

Beer, mostly

Languid

Hmmm. Wonder Woman

11th grade ceramics I made a series of face casts and then made various masks for the faces, Some were inspired by my Ancient Greek History class and depicted warriors killed in battle (spear points through the back of the face protruding through the mask, and stuff inspired by the surrealists and H.P.Lovecraft. (worms and other corruption spouting/sprouting from various orifices. Standard high achieving angst-y teenager stuff.

9) roses or orchids?

Roses for my piano and orchids for my, wait, no. Roses for my orga... nope, not that either. With my last dollar I'd buy Beach tomatoes for my soul before orchids for my stomach. Or something like that.

My pizza is layered thus: dough, sauce*, grated mozz: whole milk, skim milk 1:1 (rich flavor, less oily.) If it needs a topping in addition to that it would be whole cloves of caramelized garlic.

*crushed tomatoes, several whole cloves of garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, two cans of anchovies, blended in a blender until smooth.

Fun fact: Despite more than a half dozen people swearing up and down that they hate anchovies and can't stand the taste and could smell them a mile away, all of them have complimented me on how awesome the sauce is, because I NEVER TOLD THEM THERE WERE ANCHOVIES IN IT. Confirmation bias?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

this one really depends on what we are choosing to do with/to them... I'll go Ivanka just in case it's Anal.

yes. tone it down a bit next month

3) Yellow or pink?

yellow

notable, not sad: I got food from dumpsters

Beer! no, Wine! No,..... Beer! I wonder what it would taste like mixed. Weer or Bine?

Dickle

Wonder Woman. Linda Carter Wonder Woman.

... oh, great, now I have a boner. thanks.

We did poster sized pictures of characters from The Black Cauldron. Green Orc type bad guys was what my group drew. They were cool.

9) roses or orchids?

Orchids are awesome.

Mushrooms. the wet ones from a can. not dry ones. that matters.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #11
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Newb Interrogation/Shareholic Dwellar Quiz May 2017

1) Kanye West or Ivanka Trump? Kanye West
2) Was that too tough a question to open with? Tricksy, vewy vewy tricksy ....
3) Yellow or pink? Pink.
4) When you were really broke, what's the most notable/sad thing you did/do to save or scrape together a few pennies? I did (and still do, sometimes) wear clothes beyond their usable life. I've had shirts which I've deemed too knackered to take to the charity shop, so I keep on wearing them myself. But really I've been very fortunate.
5) beer, wine or neither? BOTH
6) what is your current favorite word? Superb!
7) Wonder Woman or Elastagirl? Who is Elastagirl? Is it me after eating a lot?
8) what grade school art project were you most proud of/do you remember most vividly (and why, if you care to share....). The only school art project I remember at all was a still life of a violin set up in its case. I spent three weeks' art classes meticulously drawing it and I was very pleased with how it was turning out, though not yet finished. The next week it had been removed. "But I hadn't finished! I was enjoying drawing that! I thought it was coming along well!", I said. "We're doing something else now!" said Teacher briskly. I gave up art as soon as the curriculum allowed after that and have always felt that I am crap at drawing.
9) roses or orchids? Roses, so long as they are fragrant.
10) Your pizza has only one topping. What is it? Yeah, no, it's not a pizza then is it. So cheese and tomato are a given. Then it's peperoni all the way!

Last edited by limey; 05-10-2017 at 06:24 PM.
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You magnificent superb Scottish bastard!

Old 05-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post

Mushrooms. the wet ones from a can. not dry ones. that matters.
Amen.

Dry, over-cooked, and/or rubbery mushrooms can ruin a pizza for me. And not over-large.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:20 AM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
1) Taylor Swift
1) okay no wuss do over, Kayne West cuz I'm racist against whatever Ivanka is.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #15
glatt

Kanye. Anyone that President Obama refers to as a "Jackass" has my vote. Nothing against Obama. I like the guy. But Kanye is a character. He has actual substance. There is something there, even if it is jackassishness. Ivanka is an empty shell of a porcelain doll. Nothing there.
Yes. So hard it scared me away from most of the quiz first time around.
3) Yellow or pink?
Yellow. No contest. Think about how well yellow and black go together. Like this. With a little black around the edges.
Name:  bcb368f48ba28cd2fd7830f2a3dfd0e6.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  63.1 KB
Basically embezzled money from my parents around 30 years ago. They were traveling abroad and asked me to pay their bills with their money. I paid some of my own too.
wine
I have to go back to my childhood, to remember ever having a favorite. "Endoplasmic Reticulum"
I was just going to answer Wonder Woman, but I felt I owed it to Elastagirl to look her up to remember who the hell she was. And now I have to answer Elastagirl. Wonder Woman is eye candy, but Elastagirl is wife material.
That witch I told you about. Fucking Joey.
9) roses or orchids?
Roses. On bushes. Not the long stem ones.
Nothing. Dough, olive oil, 4-5 cloves of pressed garlic, several shakes of ground red pepper, finely grated high quality romano cheese, coarsely grated high quality mozzarella cheese
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote