The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Nine Need-to-Knows for November

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie?

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)?

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying?

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to?

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment"

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass?

Thick or thin crust pizza?

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign?

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes?
Old 11-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? Yes

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? No

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? Paper cuts

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Australia

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" Nope

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? Are you kidding?

Thick or thin crust pizza? Thin

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? Yes, sorta

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? TICKS!!!
Old 11-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? - Yes, but I rarely wear them

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? - Nope - I don't qualify for one

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? - Never known what a hangnail is, so have to say paper cut

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? - North Amercia (Canada specifically) Not great weather, but most closely matching European politics

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" - I'd love to be paid to vote. Tax discount doesn't work for me, punishment wouldn't count as I always vote

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? - Never, not ever

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? N/A

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Bluebottles (big buzzy flies)
Old 11-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? Nope

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? Not yet but I should (asthmatic)

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? When my fingers split at the ends (cold weather occurrence)

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Australasia - specifically new Zealand

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" I don't think it'd make a difference to the idiots who don't vote, so no

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? Always, but we don't often have cans at home

Thick or thin crust pizza? THIN of course!

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? Yes

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Yeah, bluebottles, EURGH!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:11 AM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? is this a condom joke?

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? yes

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? i got a cardboard paper cut yesterday that dripped blood

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Santiago, Chile. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun...

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" Of course not. They died for our right to vote, not for our responsibility

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? Cain't drink either anymore

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? If I'm ridin' dirty. You have to be careful

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Wasp, fucking it up for the rest of 'em
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
glatt

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? Yes.

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? Yes.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? hangnails, but that's just because after going electronic, we don't use paper at work as much as we used to. I used to get paper cuts all the time, and the worst were the expanding file folder cuts.

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? New Zealand. Probably around Christchurch

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment". Nah.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? Pouring it into a glass would be a nice touch, but truthfully I'd just put the can of beer in a huggy. I don't generally buy cans though.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? I'll "stop" which is to say I would slow down a lot.

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Camel Crickets
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? I've had one perfect pair of gloves for going on 15-ish years now. They fit exactly right. But if I ever lose them I'll cry.

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? Nah.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? Hangnails, because I can't really fix them and they continuously hurt. I get little cuts in the kitchen all the time and hardly even notice anymore. (Ever gotten a paper cut from foil? Like once a freaking week.)

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Probably Australia, but maybe not if it's going to get as crowded as it sounds.

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" I'm not in favor of monetary incentives. But it should absolutely be a national holiday with, like, free cookies at the polling stations or whatever.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? I drink coconut water out of a can, and it stays in the can just like it grew out of the ground.

Thick or thin crust pizza? Thin.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? Absolutely. To not do so would be to have to assess each time whether people were around. Easier to just be on autopilot and think about other stuff.

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Motherfucking wasps.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #8
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? No. I have long-ass fingers.

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? No, never.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? Paper cuts; I cultivate my hangnails. I have issues.

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? South America. That's a continent.

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" No way.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? No way.

Thick or thin crust pizza? Thin.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? Yes. It doesn't cost me anything, and that whole 'no one is around' thing is a dumb way of thinking. IMHO

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Stink bug.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie?

Never noticed, so no?

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)?

Not.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying?

Hangnail.

Sundae, a hangnail is when the skin at the edge of your nail peels up into a little hard point, and gets bent back. Every time you go into a pocket, it snags and hurts. Clobble, try liquid skin bandage.

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to?

Montana

Or I'll be with limes and glatt and the hobitses

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment"

Fuck to the no. If you paid people, all of the freeloading cunts would vote democratic.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass?

I drink beer faster when it's in a glass. So yeah. I have a nice selection of mugs and pilsner glasses. And if I'm mixing rum or vodka, I need a glass. But just having a coke or a Miller light.... Can or bottle is fine.

Thick or thin crust pizza?

Thick and gooey. Have you tried Wawa's deep dish pizza yet? Holy yum. I had the Buffalo chicken one. Fannnnntastic.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? I stop. Because UT and clod are both right.

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes?

Gotta agree with Shaw. They don't really do anything, and I've never been able to smell them, but they are creepy as shit and I hate them for some reason.

Nice quiz, monstah
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? Yep.

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? Nope.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? Paper cuts.

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Australia.

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment" No & no.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? I pour it into a plastic cup (my hands hurt when I hold anything cold), except for beer, I drink bottled beer. If I have nothing but canned beer I will pour that into a glass, but, it's rare.

Thick or thin crust pizza? Depends on the pizza. Pizza Hut is usually thin.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? Always.

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Anything that stings.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 11-25-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stopsign? If I'm ridin' dirty. You have to be careful
That.

ETA: I've had one of these quizzes in my phone for a while. Guess I'll wait a little longer since we just did this one.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #12
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sundae, we used to call hangnails "stepmother's blessings", but I don't know if that was universal or just localised.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #14
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Are gloves always too big for your pinkie? Never. Is this a trick question?

Did you get a flu shot this year (for the coming winter, northern hemi, winter just gone, southern)? Sure. I don't want to be responsible for bumping off immune compromised folks I run into.

Are paper cuts or hangnails more annoying? Hangnails. Nasty things that just keep on giving.

If your continent was going to cease to be habitable, which other one would you choose to evacuate to? Australia for sure; South America second choice.

Should voting get you a tax discount or other benefit/not voting lead to some tax penalty or other "punishment"? As long as we can have write-in voting. Benefits should def include free food.

At home, if you have cans of pop/soda or beer, do you pour them into a glass? Never drink soda; beer in bottles gets poured about half the time.

Thick or thin crust pizza? Thin, unless ... nevermind.

If there's no-one around, do you stop at the stop sign? Yep. I got caught to the tune of $100 for not stopping once when there was 'no one around'. Those guys hide very well. Not worth it.

Which insect do you like the least apart from mosquitoes? Black flies. Being a northerner and all.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

FOOLS, you're all fools, bites and stings are annoying, but ticks are deadly. The just found out ticks carry another disease I can't pronounce that's similar to malaria, as if Lyme disease isn't enough.