The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Jan 4th, 2016: BabyPod

Babies respond to music, everyone responds to music. From toe tapping, head banging, dancing or singing along,
to, "turn that shit off" or "I'm callin' the cops". Some mothers want to prevent exposure of their kids to music mom
doesn't approve of. Even more want to protect their kids hearing, by controlling when and where the kids listen.
Then there's the mothers who want to give the kids all the music they can.
The BabyPod is right up their alley... actually up their vagina.

I'm sure that price got lost in the translation from Spanish and should be $134.58 USD.

Anyway, I saw one pregnant women put headphones on her belly almost every time they played a Mott The Hoople album.
Well I'll be damned if that boy didn't grow up crazy about Mott The Hoople, no kidding, he was their biggest fan.
Even before he old enough to really talk, "What do you want to hear, Sam?" Mott! Mott! So I guess you could raise
a Schroeder(or Schroedette), digging Beethoven, or what ever music you chose.
It does limit the volume to 54db so I think the 1812 Overture would be kind of flat, and would limit post-partum fun.

link and link
Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Such bullshit. The baby can hear through your abdomen just fine. Don't even need headphones on the belly.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

How much?? For a musical dldo?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The site says, 91,58 GBP, but like the USD I think the comma should be a decimal point. I don't think 54db would get you off though, but you can play it while you sleep and be ready in the morning.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
Snakeadelic
Banned

One of my favorite hobbies is surfing the net to research both wildlife and domestic animals. Because of my decent pattern-recognition skills, I can actually look up dogs, cats, and horses in French, Portuguese, Italian, and a couple of other languages I don't actually speak. In Europe, they use a comma instead of a period to separate the whole-monetary-unit digits from the fractional-monetary-unit. So yes, in US terminology that would be 134.58 Euros.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #6
Snakeadelic
Banned

Or US dollars, if they did the currency conversion right.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
Snakeadelic
Banned

It does limit the volume to 54db so I think the 1812 Overture would be kind of flat, and would limit post-partum fun.

You could still play that piece from Carmina Burana, "O Fortuna", the one used in the movie Excalibur when King Arthur rides out and springtime follows his army across the lands. Truly one of the great epic music-to-action edits of the color-cinema era!
Old 01-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #8
Snakeadelic
Banned

...Oooooo, or "Hall of the Mountain King", featured in the BEST music-to-action edit I have ever seen in a movie preview (Needful Things). Or my favorite in-movie fight-music edit, the techno-opera-wtf they used when Leeloo was beating the snot out of Mangalors during the Diva's performance in Fifth Element.

Sorry I'm so fragmented today. Been a horrible weekend, not looking to improve as the week moves along.