The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Are we still checking in re being on the program? If so, I fell WAYYY off the program last night. I had a reason but ... it doesn't get me any closer to my goal.

Any suggestions for what to do other than eat too much and drink wine when bad, upsetting things happen? I wish I would LOSE my appetite when upsetting things happen. Hell, I'd be a supermodel.

(I have gone to the gym each day now for four days. That should count for something but I find, when I start exercising, that I actually gain weight. I think my sore muscles take up fluid. Or something.)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Maybe it's fat converting to muscle? Also, often when you start a new program, your metabolism actually slows down because it goes into shock. That is, it tries to conserve energy. (I assume you know all this considering the field you work in ortho lol) Drink lots of water and stick to your guns. Sometimes if you do fall off the wagon, you can always do a day of straight protein, but I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you want to be dead serious. Just do an extra 15 mins on the treadmill instead. You'd probably be better off.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Aliantha

For my part, Aden and I have been going solidly for 5 days now. So far so good. I probably should have timed the start better though. I got my period two days ago, and it's a bit rough coping with the normal headaches etc from that on top of my body screaming at me about sugar. Just taking it easy atm mostly though. I'll get through it. Aden is going great guns and is very motivated about everything, so it's nice for me as a parent to watch.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #34
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I'm trying to stay away from wheat. Something to do with my liver. Can't remember what.
I'm not being very strict, but I'm not eating pasta, bread, potatoes (not wheat!) or any number of the things I used to.

And I'm not craving. Which really surprises me. Then again, I've been on this since November and went through that period where I was barely eating at all. They may have broken the cycle.

Dani are you thinking of Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs?
He ended up in hospital by trying to get into character following Jobs' vegan/ fruitarian/ sometimes even wackier diet.

Sarge, if I paint my body parts with fruit will that stimulate your appetite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Baby, I'd become the best vegetarian in the world.

http://www.lafigaproject.com/

I saw some performances by them last year at the Seattle Erotic Art Festival. It was mouth watering.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
Aliantha

Something interesting I just found out, although I sort of had an understanding before. Another reason not to switch carbs for extra fat in your diet is that your body will use those ingested fats for fuel before it burns stored fat - which is of course the goal of low carb diets - so, there's another great reason to load up on extra veges instead of extra fat.