The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

TSA Stupidity Abounds

Here we go with the latest bullshit.

Quote:
Beginning Jan. 22, 2018, travelers from nine states will no longer be able to travel with only their driver’s licenses.

Residents of Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Washington will have to use alternate ID forms (passport, military ID, or permanent resident card) to pass TSA security checkpoints—even for domestic travel.

On Thursday, the TSA began placing signage around airport security checkpoints to inform travelers of the new TSA rules going into effect in 2018.

The IDs from these nine states do not meet the federal government’s minimum security standards. And, according to the REAL ID Act of 2005, federal agencies (like the TSA) are prohibited from “accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards.”

In order for states to pass the government’s security standards, they must verify every ID applicant’s identity, put anti-counterfeit technology in the production of the card and conduct background checks on those who issue driver’s licenses.
People with concerns over privacy are fighting these state bills in those nine states.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Just another reason to never get on an airplane again. If I can't drive there I'll take a ship.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The TSA can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

Fuck them sideways with a dead dingo's dick.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
captainhook455
Rapscallion

I used to travel by plane back when I worked. I would rather ride an unicycle on the interstate than fly these days.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Back in the 70s and early 80s it was fast and fairly comfortable, with minimal hassle. The Europeans saw the future and nailed it, AirBus. That's what they've become buses in the air unless you pay big bucks on Emirates or one of that ilk. Of course we old farts can't handle the minor discomforts we could back then, we thought thrombosis was a brass instrument.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
captainhook455
Rapscallion

It does pay to fly these days though. Hopefully one gets tossed off a plane after buying a seat. Sounds lucrative to me.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:55 AM   #7
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon
Just another reason to never get on an airplane again. If I can't drive there I'll take a ship.
I hear ya......Its all about taking privacy away as much as they can and its sad how many people let them do it!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote