The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #31
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

So, the message I sent Aden seems to have helped. We've been talking and exchanging messages most days since then. He hasn't come home, but I think that's probably ok for now. I need to work on Mav and where he's going with things anyway. I tell you, I am sure teenagers are much harder than little kids. Yeah, little kids need the self control and and boundaries and discipline and physical energy, but it's a walk in the park compared to the emotional issues surrounding teenagers. Those creatures can cut a parent to the quick without even giving it a thought, then 10 minutes later come in asking what's for pudding without even batting an eye. Seriously, my boys are compassionate, but they really don't seem to realise how self absorbed they are. Is that the same with all teenagers? haha Pretty sure it is. That's what all my friends say anyway. Things are better now though, so that's good.

In other news, I think my shrink is trying to give me the heave ho. He told me not to come back for a month after our last visit. I guess that's ok too.

Besides that, my life revolves around cakes these days, and things are proceeding nicely. I did have a discussion with Daryl about him actually keeping the kids for the whole weekend instead of bringing them back just after lunch on Sundays. My reasoning is that I really only have the two days they're with him to really go hard on building my business, so I need the full two days. I need this business to succeed so that my finances don't depend on anyone but myself. When I first agreed to let him provide for me financially it was a really big thing for me, and I need to get back to where I was before. That is my main goal this year. To not need to rely on handouts from anyone, including him. I must succeed. There is no other option. Thankfully, I think I will. I feel pretty confident.

So anyway, that's a bit more drivel for you to digest. Lucky buggers aren't you? haha
Old 05-07-2015, 06:07 AM   #32
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
What did she use to tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Interpretive dance and Mongolian throat singing?
funny fuckers, you two.

Ali,
I just saw this thread, I'm not here as much as I used to be, either. For example I had no idea that infi was a cannibal. Go figure.

I recognize a lot of what you are going through, though I don't really know the specifics. I will try to write more when I have some time, for now I'll just say shrinks aren't one size fits all. Look around for someone who deals with your specific situation. I finally found someone who has experience dealing with depression and PTSD who has really helped me. It took a while to find someone whose therapeutic technique and personality fit with me.

Not sure what the whole Aussie take on psychology is in general.

Glad to read you are making strides.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #33
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
...but it's a walk in the park compared to the emotional issues surrounding teenagers.
Good choice of words, surrounding suggests the emotions of everyone around them, not them.
Just because the parent is on an emotional roller coaster doesn't mean the teen is.
Quote:
Those creatures can cut a parent to the quick without even giving it a thought, then 10 minutes later come in asking what's for pudding without even batting an eye.
Maybe because they are oblivious to the parents emotional fragility since they themselves are emotionally stable.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
Aliantha

Correct on both counts Bruce. Haha. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Foots, I have been reading your thread, even before it was redone, so I would say it looks like you are doing it a bit tougher than me. I hope things get better.

I honestly feel that emotionally I am the strongest I have been in years. I would actually go so far as to say since ever. I feel like a grown up finally if that makes any sense. I have a new confidence in my ability to make the right decisions, and I have learned to accept that I am not perfect and anyone who expects me to be probably needs to address that issue with themself.

I think all it really means that my self esteem is on the up and up. I know that even if I make a wrong choice, I did it with the best intentions, so I am not having the internal struggles I once had.

Life is good.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then welcome to adult.

You'll be sorry.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:12 PM   #36
Aliantha

this message will be brief. i have broken my hand. shut it in a door. i will have plaster for 4 weeks or so. not happy about it, but thats life. i have a wedding cake due friday. lets find out how amazing i can be. haha
Old 07-15-2015, 05:05 AM   #37
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ouch! Oh, honey - that totally sucks.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:55 AM   #38
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Life has been a rollercoaster so she said, Lord, gimme a break. Who says prayers aren't answered.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:56 AM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

Oh No!
Old 07-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #40
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Wow, Ali. Hope the boys are helping out in whatever way they can...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #41
glatt

I'm sorry about your hand, Ali. Damn.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #42
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
lets find out how amazing i can be. haha
Fuckin' A! That's the spirit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Life has been a rollercoaster so she said, Lord, gimme a break. Who says prayers aren't answered.
She should have been more specific. She should have broken off a piece of one of those Kit Kat bars on the cupcake cake.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #43
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If she gets that wedding cake done for Friday, we may hear the sound of one hand clapping!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #44
Aliantha

I did manage it sexo, and my customer was pleased.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #45
Aliantha

Oh, and thanks for the kind words everyone. I went to fracture clinic during the week and they decided to take the cast off and give me a splint instead because the ct scans indicated that I have arthritis in every join that was scanned, so they were concerned about the joints being imobilised. Turns out they were right to be. my fingers would barely bend and I have a lot of joint pain. I have to see an OT for a while now, and also go see a rheumatologist for treatment.

Turns out my biggest problem is getting old.

Obviously I just can't have arthritis. If it advances it will quash any dreams I have of being a cake artist.