Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #736
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
She's an attention lady of the night.
Well, the boy shits everywhere, all the time...No wonder she's a "soiled dove".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #737
glatt

That's amazing and a little discouraging, that she can see a success story like Minifobette, and talk to an intelligent articulate person who has walked this path before her and she still isn't sure.

The only analogy I can think of is that we resisted knocking our son out and putting tubes in his ears for so long because were were a little afraid, and looking back, I wish we had done it much earlier.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #738
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
We've got friends whose kids are allergic to their pets. Do they get rid of the pets? No. They replace the pets when they die. The 8year old has had snot running out of her nose her entire life.

Denial; not just a river in Africa.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #739
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thank you Clodfobble. I know so little about your situation, only what I've seen here. But Mr Clod's idea sounds plausible, stupid on her part but plausible. And I've seen, hell, I've lived the kind of fear that glatt suggests. Do they seem susceptible to the faith-healing idiocy we've all heard of? Are there other symptoms besides the shitty one you described? Maybe things just aren't bad enough to change. I know when ElderSon was much younger the prospect of having his hearing restored on a permanent basis by a cochlear implant was at once thrilling and terrifying. We ultimately decided the answer was "NO", but it was a very tough decision.

He was young, when language acquisition is in turbo mode, and he was not being immersed in language like other young children are. The idea that we would be risking permanent loss of his residual hearing, which was our small, weak bird in the hand by a failed operation (they insert a long hairlike electrode into the cochlea and the prospect of permanently breaking the cilia inside would effectively sever the physical biological chain making hearing in that ear impossible) was impossible to overcome. Not to mention the whole, "hey, let's crack open your kid's skull and stuff some cool electronics inside" was just too much.

So he kept his hearing aids, and his very limited hearing. And he's ok. But we agonized. I don't know your charge's mom's problem. Parenting is hard. I know she's fortunate to have you in her kid's life though. Good job, you.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #740
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Are there other symptoms besides the shitty one you described?
Well, there's the whole autism thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
Do they seem susceptible to the faith-healing idiocy we've all heard of?
Oh, most definitely. She has at various times told me that her son is a "crystal child" (aka "indigo child,") and that she wanted to save up $7,000 for a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, even though they've only had success in about 10% of kids who have tried it--pretty reasonable success when they work, admittedly, but only with that small subset of the population. Personally I think the money is better spent on things that aren't such a long shot, but at least it's better than the crystal children bullshit. But both of those phases also seem to have passed.

The truth is she's still reeling from the shock, as many parents do, but she's been reeling for 2 years now. I feel like it's time for her to quit grieving and get down to business. But at the biomed moms meeting last night, I had more than one person tell me that they were in the same position as she is, for as long as she's been, and not to give up hope that she'll get rational soon.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #741
Griff
still says videotape

You can lead a horse to water but he'll probably just poop in it.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #742
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

goddamn homework tantrums...

aaauuuggghh!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #743
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I think there is still room on The Crystal Ship for the crystal children

Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #744
monster
I hear them call the tide

USPS
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #745
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Me too.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #746
monster

bloody kids. kid. little shit.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #747
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

What did Thor do now ???
Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #748
monster

as the last straw, i discovered that instead of using his deodorant on his pits, he made patterns in it with the lid. No wonder it isn't working! And he didn't get dressed on time. And he stuffed a balled of mixed clean and dirty clothes in his bed only days after laundrymagedon which found him in the basement doing laundry all evening and he forgot to brush his teeth and hair and put socks on and he forgot to unpack his backpack and didn't put his clean laundry away AGAIN and.............. it went on. He also left his homework at home. (Tough life sucks, maybe you won't forget next time) and the lego robot from his focus study -which meant that 4 other kids had to suffer..... so I drove over with that. It's a 20 minute trip. He's on an indefinite electronics timeout now.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #749
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

the calm before the teenage storm... you don't know how good you have it now.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #750
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Is this about Brianna again?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote